Dark Armed Dragon Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

XX-Saber Darksoul

+3
SpiTFire96
KingMP94
CaptainChrno
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1XX-Saber Darksoul Empty XX-Saber Darksoul Sun May 23, 2010 10:37 am

CaptainChrno

CaptainChrno
Level 1 Obelisk
Level 1 Obelisk

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Card Sneak-a-Peek: XX-Saber Darksoul

So, what do we have here? XX-Saber Darksoul is, if not the most, one of the most anticipated card to complete any Saber build. How can it not? Its ability is so simple yet powerful, search any Saber monster from your Deck. It's like Sangan, but slower albeit broader in their search capability (for Saber Deck) o.O Unfortunately, its effect activates in the End Phase, which is slow but it will still help you set up your play early on. It also needs to be noted that its effect is triggered when it's sent (yes, only sent!) from the field to the Graveyard, which means you don't have to wait it to be destroyed by battle (XX-Saber Emmersblade) in order to benefit from its effect. You can tune it, tribute it, or even use it as a cost of something. You'll still get its effect in the end phase Sad (Unless it's removed by Macro Cosmos or something). Enough for the brief introduction, I'll get on to why this card is hyped, the famous predicted combo that can be done using this card, and also some cards that may work very well with this card.

What makes This Card Good?

Before the release of TSHD, Sabers can be classified as good deck, but not overly competitive. They swarm well, but it's hard to maintain hand presence and form a backup plan. But one weakness that tolls it is there is no good searcher to set up a play easily, except XX-Saber Emmersblade. But XX-Saber Emmersblade needs to be destroyed by battle, which means it won't work if it's destroyed by card effect. XX-Saber Darksoul gives a solution for those two particular problems. It just needs to be sent to the Graveyard to activate its effect, which means you don't have to rely on your opponent play to achieve it. It means that you can even use Torrential Tribute to destroy your opponent's monster and your Darksoul and you'll still be able to activate its effect! That's one aspect that makes Sangan very useful, now Sabers get its own 'Sangan' too!

Another aspect that I have to stress much is XX-Saber Darksoul can search any X-Saber monster, which inherently search any XX-Saber monsters too. It means that if you have 1 of them in your starting hand, you have access to all Saber monsters in your deck! It will practically bring much needed speed to your Sabers deck. This also leads to what makes XX-Saber Darksoul > XX-Saber Emmersblade. You can search XX-Saber Faultroll. XX-Saber Faultroll is without a doubt the backbone of Sabers decks. It's a swarmer that what makes X-Saber can synchro multiple times or have immediate access to XX-Saber Gottoms, two reasons why Sabers are feared in the first place. XX-Saber Emmersbalde may be able to summon immediately the monster it searches, which keeps field presence handled. But it won't help you to gain access Faultroll if you don't get it early. Easy Faultroll access means that it will also help you to play Faultroll Loop easier. If you recall about it, the loop requires 2 XX-Saber Faultroll, 1 XX-Saber Ragigura, and 1 any 3* Saber tuner. Basically, the loop initiates like this:

1. 2 XX-Saber Faultroll is in the field, with 1 XX-Saber Ragigura and 1 3* Saber tuner can be either in the field or in Graveyard.
2. Tune Faultroll A with the tuner to Synchro Summon XX-Saber Gottom (Special Summon the tuner from the Graveyard with Faultroll A effect if it's in the Graveyard)
3. Special Summon XX-Saber Ragigura from the Graveyard using Faultroll B effect, then use Ragigura triggered effect to return Faultroll A to your hand. (If Ragigura is in the field, tribute Ragigura first using Gottom effect)
4. Special Summon Faultroll A from the hand.
5. Tribute Ragigura and Faultroll B to use Gottom effect
6. Repeat step 3-4 with cycling Faultroll until no cards in your opponent's hand.
7. Finish the loop by using the unused Faultroll effect to Special Summon the used tuner for another Synchro Summon.

This loop is not easy to do since it requires 2 XX-Saber Faultroll. But with XX-Saber Darksoul capable to search it, it makes it a breeze, or at least faster, to do it. Especially, since all of the required monsters are within XX-Saber Darksoul search capability.

Shinigami Cat Combo

When XX-Saber Darksoul's effect is confirmed, many players jokingly (or not jokingly) were sure that Rescue Cat will be banned in the next banlist. It's not without reason however. It's mainly because of a particular combo that I call Shinigami Cat Combo in this article. With little luck, you can produce +3 easily by having Rescue Cat alone Laughing

It should be noted that another thing that makes XX-Saber Darksoul notorious is because it's a 3* Beast (nevermind that he's not like a beast to me). That means it's summonable by Rescue Cat. It's as if this card is created because Konami wants to take a step further combining Rescue Cat and Sabers.

Then, how does the combo work? It's more or less like this:
1. Normal Summon Rescue Cat
2. Use Rescue Cat effect to Summon X-Saber Airbellum (3*) and XX-Saber Darksoul (3*)
3. Tune X-Saber Airbellum with XX-Saber Darksoul for XX-Saber Hyunlei
4. Use her effect to clear opponent's backrow
5a. If you control a 3* Tuner X-Saber, then you can tune them to call XX-Saber Gottom
5b. If you have Gottom's Emergency Call, it's even better. You can call back X-Saber Airbellum and XX-Saber Darksoul. Tune X-Saber Airbellum with XX-Saber Hyunlei to call XX-Saber Gottom and use Gottom effect by tributing XX-Saber Darksoul to discard 1 random card Sad
6. In end phase, you can add 1 Saber monster from your Deck (or 2 if you follow step 5b)

The combo above is definitely awesome. Even if your opponent doesn't have any backrow cards, you can Synchro Summon another 6* Synchro monster and you, yet again, still get any X-Saber you wish (Darksea Rescue can eat that Crying or Very sad ) Cool If you have Gottom Emergency Call, it's even better. You can tune two 6* Synshro Monster and you'll get 2 Saber monsters in the end phase Very Happy So many pluses can be generated from this combo. That's why it's very useful to get Rescue Cat as early as possible.

Limit Reverse Abuse

I cannot say how much underrated Limit Reverse is. Here's another proof why Limit Reverse is very good. XX-Saber Darksoul only has 100 ATK, It means that Limit Reverse can be used to summon it from the Graveyard. The most basic use of this combo is by activating Limit Reverse in the end phase of your opponent's turn and then change XX-Saber Darksoul to defense in order to destroy it again. In the end phase of your turn, you get to add 1 Saber monster from your Deck to your hand. You can benefit from this more than that though. By having Darksoul in the field, it also opens to more possibilities, you can use Gottom's Emergency Call and Saber Hole, normal summon another X-Saber so that you can Special Summon XX-Saber Faultroll, or for Synchro material. Don't forget to pick your prize in the end phase Crying or Very sad Keep in mind when builing your deck that Limit Reverse has 4 Sabers target, XX-Saber Darksoul, X-Saber Palomlo, X-Saber Passiul, and XX-Saber Ragigura. If you use Cat, it can also be resurrected using Limit Reverse. How many Limit Reverse that you might add depends on the amount of the aforementioned cards in your build.

Reckless Darksoul

Another combo that can work for XX-Saber Darksoul, due to the fact that he only has 100 ATK. All XX-Saber Darksoul can be Special Summoned to the field by using the effect of Inferno Reckless Summon. There are two conditions that must be fulfilled to activate it, having 1 Darksoul Special Summoned and 1 face-up monster on your opponent's side of the field. The first one is especially easy to fulfill since there are many ways to Special Summon it (Boggart Knight, Faultroll, Fulhelmknight, Rescue Cat, Gottom Emergency Call, Limit Reverse, etc. ) and it's even easier, albeit a bit tricky, for your opponent to have at least 1 face-up monster. Don't forget that it can be done even if your opponent controls only a monster token, it even gives more advantage since your opponent cannot Special Summon any that way Sad Just remember that you have to be careful when using its effect since if it's left unhandled, you are forced to deal with a horde of strong monsters.

Now that you have 3 Darksouls *your opponent shudders* in your field, what can you do? Let's not forget that the main reason that you even bother to call Darksoul is to use its searching effect. So, you can get rid of your Darksouls by Normal Summoning a 3* Tuner X-Saber and tune it with 2 Darksouls to Synchro Summon XX-Saber Gottom (or Trishula/Mist Wurm, your call). Then, use Gottom effect to tribute the last Darksoul. In end phase, you'll get 3 X-Saber monsters for free Very Happy Anyway, the combo can lead to many finishing moves, the main point is using Inferno Reckless Summon to get all Darksouls to the field^^

Kurogane marries Darksoul

Darksoul (don't bother with its "Dark" name) is, like all Saber monsters, EARTH attribute. Why not using that fact for Kurogane Question Either you can use it to swap Darksoul with another EARTH monster in Grave or save the :::****::: of Faultroll from getting Bottomless-ed for Darksoul or any Saber monster you wish, your call.

Debris Dragon Food

Yet again, the fact that XX-Saber Darksoul only has 100 ATK means something. It can be called by Debris Dragon from the Graveyard. Both can tune to Synchro Summon Black Rose Dragon or Ancient Fairy Dragon. In the end phase, you get another Saber monster from your Deck (don't be bored by this sentence xD). That means it's +1 for you (or more if you use Black Rose Dragon to nuke the field). Altough the use of Debris Dragon to Sabers build is limited to none, it opens the possibility of Debris Sabers Crying or Very sad

Call of the Hamster

Some people like to run Ryko in X-Saber build for the sole reason of sending X-Saber monsters to Graveyard. A unique build can also include Super-Nimble Mega Hamster to get Ryko faster. But now with XX-Saber Darksoul (Beast/3*) available, you have more reasons to run it in X-Saber build Very Happy Having 2 targets (Ryko and Darksoul), it really needs a consideration.

Machinized X-Sabers

It's my random idea but it's another combo that I think can benefit from XX-Saber Darksoul having only 100 ATK. Special Summon Cyber Dragon and then Normal Summon XX-Saber Darksoul. Activate DNA Surgery (pick Machine-type) then Machine Duplication targeting XX-Saber Darksoul. Contact Fusion all of your monsters (and maybe your opponent's monsters) to get Chimeratech Fortress Dragon with at least 4000 ATK and 3 X-Saber monsters in end phase Sad

I hope you enjoy this "rambling" of mine as much as I enjoy writing it Sad

~CaptainChrno the Bunny Cat

Note:
- Any Comment/Fix will be appreciated^^
- Ignore some of the smiley expressions that seem to be out of place, I just know that it's different between one forum with another o.O

2XX-Saber Darksoul Empty Re: XX-Saber Darksoul Mon May 24, 2010 12:20 am

KingMP94

KingMP94
Black Mamba
Black Mamba

Great Article Chrno...

9.5/10

+50 DC since I liked it a lot :P

3XX-Saber Darksoul Empty Re: XX-Saber Darksoul Mon May 24, 2010 12:36 am

SpiTFire96

SpiTFire96
Adminstrator
Adminstrator

Wow i love the article i cant w8 for darksoul to come out

10/10

4XX-Saber Darksoul Empty Re: XX-Saber Darksoul Mon May 24, 2010 1:46 am

BM Joker

BM Joker
Level 1 Obelisk
Level 1 Obelisk

mhmm really really nice i love it!! (Y) 10/10 (: lol

5XX-Saber Darksoul Empty Re: XX-Saber Darksoul Mon May 24, 2010 2:39 am

Simon

Simon
Adminstrator
Adminstrator

Yah, this card is broken as hell i saw it much in the nationals i went too .. its around 20-30 euros

Good article

http://www.dadacademy.net

6XX-Saber Darksoul Empty Re: XX-Saber Darksoul Tue May 25, 2010 10:03 pm

Duelist

Level 1 Obelisk
Level 1 Obelisk

Yeah, sweet article. Even already knowing about Darksoul, I learned a lot from reading it. Thanks for writing it. 10/10

7XX-Saber Darksoul Empty Re: XX-Saber Darksoul Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:54 am

najex

najex
Level 1 Obelisk
Level 1 Obelisk

yea in a tourny in real life I dueled a xx-saber deck and I expirianst first hand how broken this card it

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum