Dark Armed Dragon Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Starstrike Blast (Cards to Look Into) part 1

+4
Pharaoh Atem
King Kaiba
Simon
Loto Drandel
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Loto Drandel

Loto Drandel
Adminstrator
Adminstrator

there are always cards that can make an impact very quickly...well, with the release of Starstrike Blast making its way into the TCG, all duelists are clamoring for the cards they need out of that pack to create very strong or effective combos that can possibly defeat their opponents quickly and leave the opponents scratching their heads...this article will cover the cards to look out for with this packs release...

The first card I will discuss is an interesting Fiend with a mysterious effect...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

This card is very interesting in its own way; having 1600 ATK doesn't exactly make him the best attacker for 4 Star Monsters, but his effect of being able to give monsters the player controls the ability to do "pierce damage" makes even the strongest monsters who cannot do damage to defense monsters make a nasty gash to the opponent's LP, creating an opening for Lancer and other monsters to attack directly and do more damage. I would give this card a 9/10 since its low attack is made up for by its effect...this card is worth looking into in my opinion...

The next card to discuss is a trap card that is support for the Blackwing archetype:

Now here's a good card for Blackwing users...even though you can only use this card during your turn, being able to special summon a Blackwing monster of 2000 or less ATK makes up for it in my opinion...the only flaw to this card is that the user cannot normal summon or set this turn; however, considering that most combo cards, such as gale, bora, and a few others are able to be special summoned with their effects, it is a slight problem that can be fixed with other combos...overall, I'd give this card a rating of 7.5/10 b/c of the no normal summon restraint...but still a good card to work with...

Next on the list is a Synchro monster that is ALSO a Tuner

Now this is something I NEVER thought I would see in 5D's (maybe b/c I'm not always use to this kind of monster combo? lol)...a Synchro monster that is a Tuner as well...it's a level 2 synchro, which makes it VERY difficult to summon (requiring a level 1 tuner and level 1 non-tuner)...if you are able to get this card out, you can draw 1 card...its effect is nice though...being able to synchro summon on your opponents turn using this card as synchro-material makes it worthwhile in some cases...I would give this card a 6.5/10 b/c of it's low level...otherwise, it's very interesting to work with in its own way...

The next card for me to discuss is another Synchro that requires the previously mentioned card as material...

Now THIS is a nasty killing machine...and why would it not be? Considering that each of its effects can be used once per turn makes this monster a very dangerous threat...revealing the top 5 cards of your deck to give this dragon 5 times to attack pretty much can sign the opponent's death warrant...use cold wave at start of main phase 1, use effect of this card, and BAM!!! Only threat to this possible OTK is a Battle Fader or Cyber Valley if Valley is on the field...other than that, it's most likely good-bye to the opponent...also, having the ability to negate attacks once per turn and remove itself from play and come back at the end of the turn, and negating the activation of cards whose effects destroy a card or cards on the field and destroy them makes this monster seem like the COMPLETE PACKAGE...the ONLY drawback with this monster is that it REQUIRES a Tuner Synchro Monster (with the above mentioned card being the only one so far) and Stardust Dragon (which most likely isn't a problem for most duelists who use this card)...overall this card gets a 10/10 (or higher if i wanted to break the ?/10 barrier lol) enough said...epic card that is very strong (though hard to get out)

Next is another Dragon Synchro that can be more dangerous than the previous card, along with being a little easier to summon...

This card can be the epitome of destruction...gaining 500 for EACH tuner in the controller's graveyard, being able to negate an attack, remove itself from play, and come back makes it very nasty; and what makes this card even more dangerous is that it CANNOT be destroyed by the effects of Spells, Traps, or Monster Cards (Lightning Vortex, Mirror Force, Ryko, etc.) However, it can still be removed from play and returned to the hand (Extra Deck), along with being stopped by Solemn Warning or Judgment...the drawback to this card is that it requires 2 Tuner Monsters + Red Dragon Archfiend (but is easier to manage than Shooting Star)...this card gets a 10/10 for its effect and less difficulty to bring forth Very Happy another epic card to hunt for in real life and put to use lol

That is all for now...look for part 2 to be here in the next day or so...

Hope you learned something interesting about the new cards that came out and come up with some nasty combos with these cards.

Thank you for you time and feel free to comment...

Simon

Simon
Adminstrator
Adminstrator

Great job, Forumula Synchron is awesome and so is Shooting star Wink
KIU

http://www.dadacademy.net

King Kaiba

King Kaiba
Level 1 Obelisk
Level 1 Obelisk

Nice article bro but you rly missed a lot of cards such as Scrap Twin Dragon. It's an amazing monster and I guess once Scrap Soldier is added to KCVDS, Scraps will be the most common deck in wars.
With 3000 ATK and an effect that can clear your opponent’s field, Scrap Twin Dragon is the deadliest “Scrap” monster yet! All you need to Synchro Summon it is a “Scrap” Tuner and 1 or more non-Tuners. While other Level 9 or higher Synchro Monsters like Mist Wurm need more than 1 non-Tuner, you can Summon Scrap Twin Dragon with as few as 2 Synchro Materials.
Also QD Synchron and QD Dandywarriors decks are gonna rise. Adding Formulla Synchron and Tuning made them so powerful (specially if you were running Stardust Shooting Dragon combo).

About Red Nova Dragon, It's rly hard to be destroyed but you can remove it from the field with cards like Brionac, Compulsory Evacuation Device and D Prison.. But If the controller of Nova runs The Dragon's Bead I guess you are dead. Also it's so easy to Synchro Summon it with QD Dandywarriors Combo, Infernity Deck, Disaster Dragon decks or even with Diva Zombies.

Good work Loto, Keep it up!
Check Card Tips for more Combos~

Pharaoh Atem

Pharaoh Atem
Assistant
Assistant

Hey man..Shooting Star and Red Nova are broken!!!
Good job dude..

Yugi Muto

Yugi Muto
Level 1 Obelisk
Level 1 Obelisk

pretty nice work , keep up the good job ..

KingMP94

KingMP94
Black Mamba
Black Mamba

Red Nova is seriously overrated. Yes its effect is epic amazing, but summoning it is too hard and if your playing against someone who knows the game, 9 times outta 10 they won't even let you get close to summoning that.

Good article Loto. I also have a little surprise for the STBL set, and a specific card in particular. KIU Wink

SpiTFire96

SpiTFire96
Adminstrator
Adminstrator

Idk I still thinkin Shooting star > Red nova :P
Formula synchron is gonna be SO broken [it already is]
As for Blackback that's gonna really help [Probably in vayu turbo engines maybe stuff like that]

Only Card i see missing out of the article is scrap twin dragon, probably not the best card of the set but itll probably see a good bit of play in KC

Anyway good article 9/10 ^_^

Loto Drandel

Loto Drandel
Adminstrator
Adminstrator

thanks for the comments guys

@KK: Scrap Twin is gonna be covered in part 2 dum dum lol, read that last part of the article it says "look for part 2"

Sam

Sam
Level 1 Slifer
Level 1 Slifer

Blackback sucks and should never be played. It will stop your shura/sirocco/blizzard plays, its not that good imo <.<

It would be SO good if gale was at 3 but he's not.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum