Dark Armed Dragon Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Storm of Ragnarok pt. 1

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Storm of Ragnarok pt. 1 Empty Storm of Ragnarok pt. 1 Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:45 pm

Loto Drandel

Loto Drandel
Adminstrator
Adminstrator

As some of you may know, the newest pack, Storm of Ragnarok, will be released next month...this pack features cards that were used in August/September in the anime and support cards for various archetypes such as Blackwings, Watt, Karakuri, Scrap and even Six Samurai. It also introduces new cards such as Legendary Six Samurai, Aesir, and Nordic. I will talk about some of the various cards that will be featured in this pack...

The first one on the list is a strong support card for Six Samurai monsters

Legendary Six Samurai - Shien
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
1 Warrior-Type Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner "Six Samurai" monsters
Once per turn, when your opponent activates a Spell/Trap Card, you can negate the activation of that card and destroy it. If this face-up card would be destroyed, you can destroy another "Six Samurai" monster you control instead.

This card is very strong in its own right; being able to negate and destroy a spell/trap card activated by your opponent once per turn and being able to preserve itself with sacrificing other Six Samurai monsters makes this card very versatile for warrior/six samurai mix decks. Boasting a 2500 ATK which matches it's predecessor, this monster makes Great Shogun Shien feel like a thing of the past. This card gets a 9/10 only b/c of its low level requiring a low level tuner. Other than that, this monster is GREAT!!!

The next card for me to talk about is one of the new types of monsters...Aesir

Odin, Father of the Aesir
1 "Nordic Ascendant" Tuner + 2 or more non-Tuner monsters
Once per turn, you can activate this card's effect during your Main Phase. If you do, this card is unaffected by the effects of Spell/Trap Cards until the End Phase. If this face-up card on the field is destroyed by your opponent's attack or card effect and sent to the Graveyard, you can remove from play 1 "Nordic Ascendant" Tuner monster from your Graveyard during that turn's End Phase to Special Summon this card from your Graveyard. When this card is Special Summoned this way, you can draw 1 card.

This card is very strong with its effect and with it's ATK and DEF. Being able to special summon itself by removing 1 Nordic Ascendant Tuner and giving some draw power is nearly ideal for protection and/or hand conservation with opportunities for more combos. Overall, I would probably give this card a 8/10 due to high level, but even then there are ways to make up for that.

Next on the list of cards for me to discuss is a support card for the Blackwing Archetype.

Blackwing - Bora the Sharp
You can remove from play this card from your Graveyard to select 1 face-up "Blackwing" monster you control. If that monster battles with an opponent's monster this turn, it cannot be destroyed by battle and you take no Battle Damage from that battle. After damage calculation, destroy the opponent's monster that battled with the selected monster.

This one has its perks, but it also has its low points as well...being able to remove itself from play from the graveyard, select one Blackwing monster to battle and not be destroyed, and destroy the monster it battled with makes it seem great; however, being a 5 star monster and having only 1300 ATK makes it seem a little bad too...overall, I would give this card a 6/10 b/c of the bad parts.

The last card for me to talk about here is another one of the new types of monsters...Nordic

Valkyrie of the Nordic Ascendant
When this card is Normal Summoned, if your opponent controls a monster and you control no other cards, you can remove from play 2 "Nordic" monsters from your hand to Special Summon 2 "Einherjar Tokens" (Warrior-Type/EARTH/Level 4/ATK 1000/DEF 1000) in face-up Defense Position.

This card is very interesting. If your opponent has a monster and you had no other cards under your control when you Normal Summon this card, you can remove 2 Nordic monsters to special summon 2 4 Star tokens, making way for a synchro summon of your choice, whether it be level 6 or level 10 (Odin as mentioned above). This card is versatile in some ways, but it tends to be a hard card to maintain depending on the player's cards and strategies. Overall, I would give this card a 7.5/10 only because I have yet to see it in action. LOL

Well, that wraps up the first part of this article; look out for part 2 coming soon. Feel free to comment/rate and tell me what cards you would like me to talk about in Part 2.

Loto Drandel

2Storm of Ragnarok pt. 1 Empty Re: Storm of Ragnarok pt. 1 Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:55 pm

Shadow

Shadow
Alumni
Alumni

OP-OP-OP-unknown shit

good from u to share tho, thx

3Storm of Ragnarok pt. 1 Empty Re: Storm of Ragnarok pt. 1 Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:08 pm

mgaitan214

mgaitan214
Level 1 Ra
Level 1 Ra

ummm nothing good from this booster pack as i see it so far mostly trash except maybe da six sam, its decent card i guess

4Storm of Ragnarok pt. 1 Empty Re: Storm of Ragnarok pt. 1 Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:29 am

BM Joker

BM Joker
Level 1 Obelisk
Level 1 Obelisk

awesome article man Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

5Storm of Ragnarok pt. 1 Empty Re: Storm of Ragnarok pt. 1 Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:02 pm

Placido

Placido
Tester
Tester

LOL the only good one here is the six sam because if u have it with Great Shogun Shein = Lock Down
Nice Article Man Wink Wink

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum