Dark Armed Dragon Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

New Updates

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1New Updates Empty New Updates Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:22 am

Simon

Simon
Adminstrator
Adminstrator

[quote="Dark_Armed_Dragon"]Well i updated our DAD Academy and here is what is updated from [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Froumotion wrote:
1 - Login pop-up
Tutorial : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Can display in a pop-up for login, to provide a fast connection for members or rapid registration for the guests.

The admin can add a personal message to the pop-up.

It will show to our members or guests messege it says "Register" , "Login" or Dont Show Me The Messege
im not sure from the words but it will show you like this thing as long as you dont login

Froumotion wrote:
2 - Flood Control

Allows the admin to limit the creation of threads, posts or private messages.
It's calculated in seconds and the maximum value is 999 999 seconds, or 277 hours or 11.5 days

i already setup this system now the spam will be kick cuz you cant post two posts at the same time cuz in every 60 Sec. you allowed to post one messege.

Froumotion wrote:
3 - Multi-quote

This option allows you to display or not, a multi-quote button. Now it will be easier to quote several posts at the same time. This button operates on the principle of selection / deselection.

now you can qoute more than one posts at the same time simply by clicking on this icon [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] no matter witch page i mean just click on it ex. in 1st page,5th page that doest matter then click on [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] (No Quick Posting cuz that wont work) .

Froumotion wrote:
4 - Scrolling announcements

One of the most promising in terms of evolution possibilites. It displays annoucements in the form of text or images, on portal, forum, or all pages of the forum.

Announcements can scroll left, right, up or down at speeds decided by the admin. In addition, they may also mark a
time-out and the admin can also define the horizontal or vertical space between each listing.

Its a bar that now you see under the banner its kinda announcements or shortcuts

Froumotion wrote:
5 - Points System (similar to cash mod)

The points system is a system based on different criteria and allowing users to evaluate themself or even to compete.

Activate it in Modules -> Point System

How are points calculated?
- Points generated by the number of posts
- Points generated by the number of topics created
- Points generated by the number of friends that the user has
- Reputation points
- Points generated by the registration date of the member
- Points generated by the number of message on his profile

The board administrator can change many settings for this feature.
For the creation of messages and topics, he can change the gain of points for each forum.
To make the points system even more attractive, they can create levels of points from which they have a "rank" that the admin can define.
The field points can be displayed either on the profile, either in messages or both. The name of the field can also be changed.

you will have +1 points for every post you made and +1 for every subject but one thing dont even think to spam for points cuz then you will be banned ! and these points will be plused with your DAD Credits ex. (DAD Credits 530 and your points 50 , so you will have 580)

Froumotion wrote:
6 - Reputation system :Evaluation + "Thanks" Button (similar to karma mod)

The reputation system, as you have noticed, is a sub part of the points system. It also works with points.

In each posts, if the feature is activated, small buttons to rate the post will be apparent. Each positive or negative rate can make you win or
lose reputation points.
The number of points won or lost can be modified and can be customized for each categories.
The button "Thanks" allows a member who created a topic to thank the user who wrote the message that it considers most appropriate. The post then
appears highlighted.
Check out in your admin panel : Display > pics management > advanced mode > buttons > Please make sure you've got buttons for this functionality.

The field points can be displayed either on the profile, either in messages or both. The name of the field can also be changed.
In addition, several options related to reputation are intended to limit
the use of this feature according to certain criteria (see the admin panel).

Froumotion wrote:
7 - Advanced Profile

The advanced profile is a "remake" of the vBulletin profile.

There are different tab such as:
- The user messages: You can write a message on the profile of a member.
- The friends list.
- Statistics.
- Contact information: You can contact the member.
- The fields of the profile

This feature can be disabled, then the simple profile (current one) that will be displayed.

you will have kinda awesome profile just check it out Smile

Froumotion wrote:
8 - Profile fields
Tutorial : in progress

We have also changed the management of the fields in the profile. We have enhanced the functionality to adapt to the advanced profile.quote]

Froumotion wrote:
8 - Avatars in members list

You can now see all your users avatars while browsing the members list

I did them all now its cool Very Happy

Last edited by Daron Malakian on Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:43 pm; edited 2 times in total

http://www.dadacademy.net

2New Updates Empty Re: New Updates Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:48 am

Evil Atticus

Evil Atticus
Level 1 Ra
Level 1 Ra

Can i do hat for my one to DaD?

3New Updates Empty Re: New Updates Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:23 pm

Chazz Princeton

Chazz Princeton
Level 1 Ra
Level 1 Ra

DAD just tell him flat out not instructions and I've already heard about the rep thing.

http://speedworld.forums-free.com

4New Updates Empty Re: New Updates Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:35 pm

Simon

Simon
Adminstrator
Adminstrator

Sorry i dont understand what are you saying Sad

http://www.dadacademy.net

5New Updates Empty Re: New Updates Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:37 pm

Bertha

Bertha
Level 1 Obelisk
Level 1 Obelisk

That's pretty cool. The points thing irks me. High posters will get more points, even if their posts don't mean much. I don't think these points should be figured in for moving up a dorm, only for buying stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/realdizzleman22

6New Updates Empty Re: New Updates Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:29 am

Stardust Dragon

Stardust Dragon
Freshmen
Freshmen

i think chazz means to give them simple information
not instructions on how its done

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]