Dark Armed Dragon Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

In ze zoo

+2
FelixTheTwilight
Simon
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1In ze zoo Empty In ze zoo Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:01 pm

Simon

Simon
Adminstrator
Adminstrator

Gladiator Beasts

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Hello again. Last article I wrote was “Go Go Gadgets”, but this time I’m writing about my favorite archetype and of course it is ze Gladiator Beasts! As usual I’ll be talking about techs , cards to support Gladiator Beasts and Gladiator Beast Variants.

Well Gladiator Beasts has been out since long but they weren’t that good till the all mighty “Gladiator Beast Gyzarus” witch was great and he’s still great, but before that people were playing on “Gladiator Beast Alexande”, “Gladiator Beast Spartacus”, “Gladiator Beast Dimacari”, “Gladiator Beast’s Battle Manica”, “Gladiator Beast’s Battle Gladius” & “Colosseum - Cage of the Gladiator Beasts”. As you can see that’s if you have played “Gladiator Beasts” or played against decent “Gladiator Beasts” decks you never seen these cards cuz the game is not as it was in KCVDS 1.14 or 1.15 days with all the synchros around and the great “Gladiator Beasts Gyzarus” who needs these cards!
So basically Gladiator Beast decks are more like Toolbox since each “Gladiator Beast” when Attacked or Attacks at the end of the Battle Phase [Of course he must stay on the field and not be destroyed!] can go back to the deck and bring other “Gladiator Beast” expect him self or other copy of him.
Tag In = Getting a “Gladiator Beast” monster from Deck to the Field.
Tag Out = Returning a “Gladiator Beast” monster from the Field to the Deck.
Gladiator Beasts are still on top and they absolutely need skill to play and not everyone can master them, they work more like stun decks. For example “Gladiator Beast Murmillo ” to destroy your opponent’s monster ; “Gladiator Beast Warchariot” to negate effects and also some “Gladiator Beast” players include some removal spell/traps to help them. I’m not used to talk much like this explaining the deck, but instead I’ll start listing the useful “Gladiator Beast” cards.

1. Gladiator Beast Laquari
Gladiator Beast Laquari is the “Gladiator Beast” deck beater starting with 1800 ATK is not bad at all but he will have Spell/Trap backrow support to keep him alive, also when he’s Tagged In he becomes 2100 beater witch is great! He’s also useful for getting out the fusion monster “Gladiator Beast Heraklinos”
Recommand minimum 2 copies.

2. Gladiator Beast Darius

So he’s like the second “Gladiator Beast” deck beater with 1700 ATK he isn’t bad but what makes him great is the effect witch allows you to Special summon 1 “Gladiator Beast” when he’s tagged in and just a side note that he can get you “Gladiator Beast Heraklinos” & “Gladiator Beast Gyzarus” if they were successfully special summoned before hand, but he has his downside.
1)The “Gladiator Beast” monster special summoned by his effect is negated but you can still Tag Out since tagging out is a cost, but you won’t special summon anything.
2) If he’s removed from the field [not removed from play] the “Gladiator Beast” monster that was special summoned by his effect will go back the deck without special summoning anything.
I recommend 1 of his in builds were “Elemental Hero Prisma” doesn’t take place in and 2 where “Elemental Hero Prisma” does take place in!
Combo ; Summon “Elemental Hero Prisma” use it’s effect by revealing ”Gladiator Beast Gyzarus” you can’t send any “Gladiator Beast”, but you are allowed to send “Gladiator Beast Bestiari” witch is necessary to summon “Gladiator Beast Gyzarus”, so after you done that now “Elemental Hero Prisma” is treated as “Gladiator Beast Bestiari” therefore you can Special Summon “Test Tiger” use it’s effect witch let’s you return 1 “Gladiator Beast” monster from your side of the field to your deck and special summon a “Gladiator Beast” monster [ It can be the same one you returned] and you choose to Special Summon “Gladiator Beast Darius” so you Special Summon “Gladiator Beast Bestiari” and Tag Out for “Gladiator Beast Gyzarus”. This is actually pretty known combo.

3. Gladiator Beast Equeste

Gladiator Beast Equeste is an great card and popular in “Gladiator Beast” deck you’ll defiantly see him in any “Gladiator Beast” build. His amazing effect allows you to take back 1 “Gladiator Beast” card from your Graveyard to your hand, doesn’t matter if it’s a Monster, Spell or Trap card as long as it have “Gladiator Beast” in their name.
For Exemple it allows to get back “Gladiator Beast War Chariot” witch let’s the loop start with “Gladiator Beast War Chariot” & “Gladiator Beast Equeste” to stop your opponent monster effects. You can tech “Icarus Attack” with 3 copies of “Gladiator Beast Equeste” and D.D. Crow which is a good tech against the current meta.
I’d play him minimum 2 in normal “Gladiator Beast” decks and at 3 in “Icarus Glads”

4. Gladiator Beast Samnite
Gladiator Beast Samnite is another useful “Gladiator Beast” monster, his effect is great witch is when he destroys a monster by battle and sends it to the Graveyard you are allowed to search your deck for a “Gladiator Beast” card ; Monster like “Gladiator Beast Beastiari” or a Trap card like “Gladiator Beast War Chariot” It’s weakness is his 1600 ATK sometimes it is hard to run over those “Gravekeeper’s Spy”, “Super-Nimble Mega Hamster” or the high ATK beaters are used these days.
Great combo with “Gladiator Beast Samnite” is using “Book of Moon” on high ATK monsters and at the same time they may have low DEF points so you’ll take them out and use “Gladiator Beast Samnite’s” effect. Same can be done with “Shrink”!
I’d recommand playing 1 of him in regular Gladiator Beast decks and 2 of him in “Rescue Glads”

5. Gladiator Beast Bestiari

Yeps, it’s him the card witch makes “Gladiator Beast Gyzarus” great sadly it is limited after “Gladiator Beast Gyzarus” was released. It has nice effect when it’s Tagged In witch is you selecting a Spell/Trap on the field and destroy it that’s great, but also don’t forget that fact that he’s 1500 ATK witch is bad cuz then it’s “Bottomless Trap Hole” and you really don’t want to see him removed since this guy can saved you a lot. Having “Book Of Moon” or “Shrink” won’t hurt while summoning him so that he won’t get “Bottomless Trap Hole’d”.
Don’t take the risk to summon it if there’s a chance that it can be “Bottomless Trap Hole’d”.
You don’t have to fear on summoning it in “Icarus Glads” builds while you have “Icarus Attack” face-down.

6. Gladiator Beast Retiari

Gladiator Beast Retiari is another “Gladiator Beast”, not much of a beater but his effect is quite nice when he’s Tagged In you’re allowed to remove 1 card from your Opponent’s Graveyard that’s a Spell, Trap or Monster witch makes it great against “Treeborn Frog”, “Iron Core of Koa’Ki Meiru” and even in mirror match against “Gladiator Beast War Chariot”!

I recommand 1 of him in normal “Gladiator Beast” decks and 2 to 3 in “Absolute Glads”

7. Gladiator Beast Murmillo

“Gladiator Beast Murmillo” is another useful “Gladiator Beast” monster, when he’s Tagged In you’re allowed to destroy 1 Face-Up monster on the field! Witch makes it great card against the annoying beaters combined with “Test Tiger” or when he’s Tagged in by other “Gladiator Beast”
I’d recommend 1 in Normal “Gladiator Beast” decks and 2 to 3 in “Absolute Glads”

8. Gladiator Beast Hoplomus

“Gladiator Beast Hoplomus” is a nice first turn set monster with 2100 ATK it’s not easy to get rid of him for a first turn and may also be problem for some decks when he’s Tagged In with 2400 DEF. He’s generally used just because of his great DEF so it can be tagged out easily.
I recommend 1 in regular “Gladiator Beast” decks and 2 to 3 In “Rockin’ Glad”

9. Gladiator Beast Gyzarus

This is one of the cards that makes “Gladiator Beast” decks stay on top with it’s incredible effect of being able to destroy 2 cards on the field is great, if that wasn’t enough then it can be Tagged Out to summon 2 “Gladiator Beast” monsters from your deck expect “Gladiator Beast Bestiari” so it won’t be a loop. Well as “Gladiator Beast” players know one of “Gladiator Beast” decks enemy is “Stardust Dragon” since it negates destruction so you can’t kill it with “Gladiator Beast Murmillo” it will give you some hard time, that’s why I’ll be talking about this combo

Recourse from YouTube user ElliotGale.

While your opponent has “Stardust Dragon” on the field and other monster and you control “Gladiator Beast Gyzarus” and you don’t have anything that can get rid of “Stardust Dragon” then you have this combo ;

Attack the weaker monster
Attack successful, so destroyed
Tag out for a “Gladiator Beast Murmillo” & “Gladiator Beast Equeste”
Both of these “Gladiator Beasts” have Madatory effect’s so you choose the order of the Chain Links.
“Gladiator Beast Equeste” as Chain Link 2
“Gladiator Beast Murmillo” as Chain Link 1
When you summon “Gladiator Beast Equeste” you must target a “Gladiator Beast” card in your graveyard for this combo to work and you place equeste as Chain Link 2, summoning “Gladiator Beast Murmillo” and place him as Chain Link 1 ;
So here’s what will happen ;
“Gladiator Beast Murmillo’s” effect kicks in Targeting “Stardust Dragon”
“Stardust Dragon” can’t cut in the chain and activate his effect since “Gladiator Beast Equeste” still needs to resolve his effect.

10. Gladiator Beast Heraklions

“Gladiator Beast Heraklions” is an old school great card that’s basically what were “Gladiator Beast” decks depending on before the release of “Gladiator Beast Gyzarus” It can be a perfect Lock with “Gladiator Beast War Chariot” & few cards in your had to negate Spell/Traps and “Gladiator Beast War Chariot” the effect monsters also it’s not like your opponent is gonna summon the all mighty “Blue Eyes White Dragon” to go sucide.

11. Test Tiger
“Test Tiger” is great card with “Gladiator Beasts” since he helps them lot by letting them Tag Out then Tag In! also with “Test Tiger” you’re even allowed to bring the same “Gladiator Beast” monster that you Tagged out! I assume you read the combo with him and “Gladiator Beast Darius” as I mentioned above.
I recommend 2 of him in normal “Gladiator Beast” decks and 3 decks that “Elemental Hero Prisma” takes place in & “Rescue Glads”

12. Gladiator Proving Ground
It’s nice searcher for the “Gladiator Beasts” can get you “Gladiator Beast Bestiari” when you want to “Gladiator Beast Gyzarus” your opponent or gives you nice beater such us “Gladiator Beast Laquari” perhaps nice DEF such as “Gladiator Beast Hoplomus”
I recommend 2 of “Gladiator Proving Ground” in regular “Gladiator Beast” deck and 3 in “Icarus Glads”

13. Indomitable Gladiator Beast

“Indomitable Gladiator Beast” is nice tech and underated card it can be nice by giving your “Gladiator Beast” 500 Boost and also while in the Graveyard returning 2 “Gladiator Beast” to your deck and add it to your hand! Thus you can activate it again and boost your monster with extra 500 ATK. And what makes it a decent card is that it’s a Quick-play spell card, so it can be used as “Shrink”
I recommend 1 or 2

14. Gladiator Beast War Chariot
As I mentioned before “Gladiator Beast Gyzarus” was one of the reasons why “Gladiator Beasts” are still on Top and this is the second reason why they’re on top! Amazing effect witch negates Monster effects on the field while you control a “Gladiator Beast” monster so it can get rid of big problems such as Dark Armed Dragon, Judgment Dragon, Chaos Sorcerer, Rescue Cat, Gravekeeper’s Spy, Ryko, Lightsworn Hunter, Honest, Blackwing- Kalut the Moon, Tragoedia, Kuriboh & so on…
Other reason what makes it great It’s not that you’ll use it once and that’s that, but with “Gladiator Beast Equeste” you can start the loop where you can always get your used “Gladiator Beast War Chariot” back from the graveyard.
I recommend 2 to 3. Infact 3 is better even you have “Gladiator Beast Equeste” but as fast as you draw it as the better.

Support/Techs

1. Book Of Moon
It’s great card to save your monster’s from being destroyed by Card effects or save them from being destroyed from the result of Battle by flipping your opponent’s monster Face-Down and hopefully you’ll get rid of it next turn.

2. Shrink
Not much used card in “Gladiator Beast” decks people prefer “Book Of Moon” over it and I’m one of those people, but it is still useful like saving your monsters from being “Bottomless Trap Hole’d” or buy halving your opponent’s monster.

3. Smashing Ground

Great 1 for 1 card to destroy your opponent’s big threats that you can’t get over.

4. Cold Wave

Another nice card in “Gladiator Beast” decks but it needs to be played carefully cuz it may even hurt you!

5. Ancient Forest
Mostly used in “Ancient Glads” it’s pretty nice card and helpful too but it doesn’t stand a ghost of a chance against “Stardust Dragon” a.k.a. the biggest threat to this “Gladiator Beast”

6. My Body As A Shield
Great card to save your “Gladiator Beasts” from being destroyed by “Bottomless Trap Hole”, “Mirror Force”, “Torrential Tribute”, “Dark Armed Dragon”, “Judgment Dragon” etc…

7. Dimensional Fissure
Is nice with “Gladiator Beast” because they don’t rely on the graveyard only with “Gladiator Beast Equeste” witch it’s target probably will be “Gladiator Beast War Chariot” witch will be save from “Dimensional Fissure” since unlike “Macro Cosmos” it doesn’t remove any card, but only monsters.

8. Waboku
“Waboku” isn’t great as it was before cuz people started realizing it’s just a -1 with card advantage therefore it’s better using Book of Moon or Shrink instead.

9. Dimensional Prison
Nice removal it is being used often these days and it is also helpful in “Gladiator Beasts”

10. Elemental Hero Prisma
It’s helpful in “Gladiator Beast” decks that run 2 or more copies of “Gladiator Beast Darius”, you dump “Gladiator Beast Bestiari” Tag Out for “Gladiator Beast Gyzarus” it’s not bad.

11. Thunder King Rai-Oh
Its amazing card witch is big problem to lot of decks it’s 1900 ATK, no searching effect and Inhernt Special Summon negater. It’s defiantly good to have!

12. Blackwing – Gale The Whrilwind
Sweet card to halve your opponent’s monster ATK then attack with your “Gladiator Beast” to destroy it or Synchro!
13. D.D. Warrior Lady

Nice cards to handle those annoying Synchros or high beaters “Gladiator Beasts” are having trouble to deal with.

14. Legendary Jujitsu Master
Decent card and unexpected sometimes witch can get rid of the Synchros, beaters and it’s amazing in “Gladiator Beast” mirror match.

15. Neo-Spacian Grand Mole
One of Jaden’s cards and old school witch can give Synchros a good lesson and get rid of high beaters to let your “Gladiator Beasts” attack.

Gladiator Beast Deck Variants

Rescue Glads
Icarus Glads
Stunish Glads
Absolute Glads
D Glads
Ancient Glads

Rescue Glads

Rescue Glads are the Gladiator Beast variant that uses Rescue Cat to get out Gladiator Beast Samnite & Test Tiger for some speed or even Synchro that’s if you choose to run X-Saber Airbellum.

Deck: 40

Monsters: 16

3 Test Tiger
1 Rescue Cat
1 Gladiator Beast Bestiari
2 Gladiator Beast Laquari
2 Gladiator Beast Samnite
1 Gladiator Beast Darius
1 Gladiator Beast Equeste
1 Gladiator Beast Murmillo
2 Thunder King Rai-Oh
1 Gladiator Beast Hopolomus
1 Sangan

Spells: 11
2 Gladiator Proving Ground
1 Cold Wave
3 Book of Moon
2 Smashing Ground
1 Mystical Space Typhoon
1 Heavy Storm
1 Giant Trunade

Traps: 13

2 Bottomless Trap Hole
1 Solemn Judgment
1 Call Of The Haunted
3 Dimensional Prison 7
3 Gladiator Beast War Chariot
1 Torrential Tribute
1 Mirror Force
1 Dust Tornado

Extra Deck:
3 Gladiator Beast Gyzarus
1 Gladiator Beast Heraklions
1 Chimeratech Fortress Dragon

15 Synchros

Icarus Glads

Teching Icarus Attack is pretty destructive and amazing for Gladiator beasts it can be used on Gladiator Beast Betiari or Equeste!

My irl Icarus Glads

Deck 42

Monsters ; 16

x1 Blackwing - Gale The Whirlwind
x1 Cyber Dragon
x1 Neo-Spacian Grand Mole
x3 Test Tiger
x1 Gladiator Beast Murmillo
x2 Gladiator Beast Laquari
x3 Gladiator Beast Equeste
x1 Gladiator Beast Samnite
x1 Gladiator Beast Darius
x1 Gladiator Beast Bestiari
x1 Gladiator Beast Hoplomus

Spells ; 11

x3 Book Of Moon
x2 Smashing Ground
x2 Gladiator Proving Ground
x1 Heavy Storm
x1 Mystical Space Typhoon
x1 Cold Wave
x1 Giant Trunade

Traps ; 15

x1 Solemn Jugdment
x2 Bottomless Trap Hole
x1 Call of The Haunted
x1 Torrential Tribute
x2 Starlight Road
x3 Dimensional Prison
x1 Waboku
x2 Gladiator Beast War Chariot
x2 Icarus Attack

Stunish Glads

As stunish Glads usually are they can be more Stunish with D.D. Warrior Lady and Legendary Jujitsu Master tech

Also RL deck

Main deck [42]

Monsters [16]

x1 Blackwing - Gale The Whirlwind
x2 Legendary Jujitsu Master
x2 D.D. Warrior Lady
x2 Test Tiger
x1 Gladiator Beast Darius
x2 Gladiator Beast Laquari
x1 Gladiator Beast Bestiari
x1 Gladiator Beast Murmillo
x1 Gladiator Beast Hoplomus
x2 Gladiator Beast Equeste
x1 Neo-Specian Grand Mole

Spell [11]

x3 Book of Moon
x1 Heavy Storm
x1 Giant Trunade
x1 Cold Wave
x1 Mystical Space Typhoon
x2 Gladiator Proving Ground
x2 Smashing Ground

Traps [15]

x2 Bottomless Trap Hole
x3 Gladiator Beast War Chariot
x3 Dimensional Prison
x1 Call Of The Haunted
x1 Torrential Tribute
x1 Solemn Judgment
x1 Starlight Road
x1 Waboku
x2 Dust Tornado

Absolute Glads

I came with that idea when KCVDS got it’s update with Absolute Powerforce and people started play Absolute Zero decks like crazy and coming with new ideas so did I for the Gladiator Beasts! Running 2 Retiari, 2 Murmillo , 2 Prisma and 1 Stratos and of course with 2 copies of Miracle Fusion didn’t played it much, but it’s not better than the other variants.
Here’s a screen ;

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Dimensional Glads

Dimensional Glads/D Glads\Fissure Glads are mostly not main deck but sided into D Glads by adding Dimension Fissure to the Gladiator Beast deck so it can defeat the opposing graveyard based deck apparently.

Ancient Glads

Ancient Glads are Gladiator Beast decks that use the Field Spell card Ancient Forest witch destroy any monsters that have attacked this turn at the end of the Battle Phase. Gladiator Beasts, having Optional effect will be placed as Chain Link 2 and Ancient Forest and as always Chains resolve backwards so that you Tag Out your Gladiator beast and Ancient Forest’s effect fizzles.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last word ;

I really hope you enjoyed and learned from the Article
Thanks
to PiLover for some help

Your Dlkz Swagga ~ Dark_Armed_Dragon

Last edited by Dark_Armed_Dragon on Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:51 am; edited 2 times in total

http://www.dadacademy.net

2In ze zoo Empty Re: In ze zoo Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:15 pm

FelixTheTwilight

FelixTheTwilight
Freshmen
Freshmen

Wonderful o_o

Nice job. Looking good buddy.

*Steals half of the decks*

xD

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheTwilightFelix

3In ze zoo Empty Re: In ze zoo Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:16 pm

Shadow

Shadow
Alumni
Alumni

nice article DaD 9.5/10 was lazy to read it all xD

4In ze zoo Empty Re: In ze zoo Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:23 pm

Pilover

Pilover
Alumni
Alumni

Good job, nice article.

5In ze zoo Empty Re: In ze zoo Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:38 am

Micro-ice

Micro-ice
Level 1 Ra
Level 1 Ra

Nice article makes me wanna use my old gladiator deck again...nice job

6In ze zoo Empty Re: In ze zoo Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:14 am

Evil_Bakura

Level 1 Obelisk
Level 1 Obelisk

The Rescue Cat build has 2 Rescue Cats in it. That's pretty pro.

Good and helpful article even though I don't agree with everything.

7In ze zoo Empty Re: In ze zoo Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:01 am

Simon

Simon
Adminstrator
Adminstrator

Oh my bad copied it from Google and edited but didn't notice that Wink

http://www.dadacademy.net

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum