Dark Armed Dragon Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Top 5 Attack Stopping Trap Cards.

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Staxx

Staxx
Mr. Lawlstogmer
 Mr. Lawlstogmer

Here i have 5 cards. These 5 cards all have two things in common: 1) they stop 1 monsters attack and 2) They are all Traps.

This time i wrote and thought of this blog by myself. So maybe this one will more accurate, with KCVDS and not the TCG like the other blogs i've gotten from yugiohblogs.com

Lets start with the best:

1) Dimensional Prison
Top 5 Attack Stopping Trap Cards. 119px-DimensionalPrisonSDMM-EN-C-1E
-Activate only when your opponent declares an attack. Remove from play the attacking monster.

Where else would this card be other than the top the list. This is by far the most used card in this whole list. Why? Cuz unlike the other cards on this list this card removed the monster from the game. and for most decks that means bye-bye for good. This card also doesnt "destroy the monster" then removes it, it just removes it. That means you can tell your opponents Stardust Dragon to suck it.

2) Magic Cylinder
Top 5 Attack Stopping Trap Cards. 118px-MagicCylinderSDSC-EN-C-1E
-Negate the attack of 1 monster your opponent controls and inflict damage to your opponent equal to its ATK.

This card is a huge game changer. This card deflects the attack damage you would take from your opponents monster. No need to explain why this card is number 2 on this list.

3) Sakuretsu Armor
Top 5 Attack Stopping Trap Cards. 120px-SakuretsuArmorYSDJ-EN-C
-Activate only when an opponent's monster declares an attack. Destroy the attacking monster.

Now this is a classic card. This card is a watered down version of Dimensional Prison. It is good because it destroys the opponents monsters and gets it off the field, but this card can get negated by stardust. I recently had the pleasure to go to a huge local tournament (32 players), I didn't duel in these tour, but i was with a friend who was. While i was watching, i saw that this card was used alot. i'm guessing that Dimensional Prisons are hard to get or are expensive. i really dont card cuz i play only on KCVDS. XD

4) Negate Attack
Top 5 Attack Stopping Trap Cards. 120px-NegateAttackYSDJ-EN-C
-Activate only when an opponent's monster declares an attack. Negate the attack and end the Battle Phase.

I see this card a lot in counter-fairy decks. Thats all i can really say about this card cuz its really not used in any other deck. But its a classic and should be included.

5) Scrap-Iron Scarecrow
Top 5 Attack Stopping Trap Cards. 119px-Scrap-IronScarecrow5DS2-EN-C-1E
-Activate only when an opponent's monster declares an attack. Negate the attack, and Set this card face-down again instead of sending it to the Graveyard.

Now I've thought about placing this card at rank 4 but there is one thing that kept me from it... its the fact that this card gets flipped down after its gets played. why is that bad? 1, it takes up field space and 2 it gives you opponent a heads up about what you have facedown. Dont get me wrong this is still a good card, but not as good as the other on this list.

Thanks for reading, if you like +rep meh ^_^ .... if you dont like it, you can suck my rod Top 5 Attack Stopping Trap Cards. 604915

Share this post on: reddit

Shadow

Post Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:36 pm by Shadow

id say threatning roar 2nd and sakuretsu 4th(since stardust spam) and no need for negate attack..

BM Joker

Post Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:55 pm by BM Joker

eh mirror force?

Staxx

Post Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:42 am by Staxx

I was only doing cards that stops 1 monster's attack...... no one ever fully reads my posts.

BM Joker

Post Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:43 am by BM Joker

Mirror force stops 1 aswell Very Happy if your opponent has only 1 in attack position. Anyway nice list,just replace negate attack with roar Wink

Stify

Post Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:54 am by Stify

waboku>all

Staxx

Post Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:29 am by Staxx

Stify wrote:waboku>all

I wanna see you use waboku against a GB deck......

Stify

Post Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:31 am by Stify

I ussually don't use stop attacking traps, but if u want to see me usin' waboku against GB deck, try to connect me someway, so I can show u in a duel.

Loto Drandel

Post Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:20 am by Loto Drandel

Attack stoppers are still awesome due to their defenses; as for the comment on telling Stardust to suck it...EPIC DX STYLE!!! there are multiple cards that stop attacks, but i think the list is pretty decent...honestly, I think Scrap-Iron Scarecrow should go close to top b/c it can stay on the field. Cylinder should go down b/c there are cards that can turn the cylinder's burn effect around to do it to either the player who used it or use it for LP gain (Prime Material is one example)

Here is my list whether or not it negates 1 or all attacks w/o reasons since reasoning would take too long lol

1. Dimensional Prison
2. Scrap-Iron Scarecrow
3. Negate Attack
4. Threatening Roar
5. Mirror Force (b/c Stardust can stop it)

SpiTFire96

Post Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:26 am by SpiTFire96

Imo if we're goin by staxx's guidelines the list should look like this:

Dimensional prison
Scrap Iron
Magic cylinder
Waboku [Depends on the situation, dunno if it would be for a single monster]
Negate Attack

Nice article though Very Happy

Legendkiller

Post Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:04 am by Legendkiller

Uhm why no Draining Shield?

Stops attack + LP boost

Staxx

Post Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:10 am by Staxx

Honestly I forgot all about draining shield.....

I think every has....

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum