Dark Armed Dragon Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Apprentice Monarchs

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Apprentice Monarchs Empty Apprentice Monarchs Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:07 pm

Bertha

Bertha
Level 1 Obelisk
Level 1 Obelisk

This is how monarchs are meant to be run. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
By [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Apprentice Monarchs
2 Dark Creator
3 Mobi
2 Zaborg
1 Cyber Dragon
1 Breaker
1 Snipe
2 Tomato
2 Spy
1 Sangan
1 Spirit
1 Morphing
2 Vindiv
3 Apprentice
1 Treeborn -23
1 Brain Control
1 Storm
1 MST
1 Lightning Vortex
1 Smashing Ground
1 Fissure
1 Reborn
1 SORL -8
3 Solemn
1 Bribe
1 Mirror
1 CCV
1 Torrential
2 BTH-9

This deck runs Apprentice Engine to get around Macro, in case my Tomatoes get wrecked. Gets me a lot of free tributes, so i run monarchs. I also run 2 Soul Exchange as backup if my Monarchs end up being dead draws. This is sort of a fun deck... but it could be competitive. Please rate/fix. Thanks.

Other Strats:
Apprentice to Vindictive, killing opponent's monster, sac for Thesty or Mobi, making them have a practically empty field or a monster-starved hand. Deko is for draw power and being consistent. Since, Monarchs usually can't draw for shit. Well, we sure changed that.

This is a fun deck, yet it wins a lot so i might work to make it competitive.

Last edited by TehMrBeisbol on Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:12 pm; edited 2 times in total

https://www.youtube.com/realdizzleman22

2Apprentice Monarchs Empty Re: Apprentice Monarchs Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:56 pm

ristar87

ristar87
Level 1 Obelisk
Level 1 Obelisk

Well, if I have to rate it... 7/10. This is my fix:

Monsters only:

- THESTALOS THE FIRESTORM MONARCH (It's the worst Monarch if you ask me. Those that remove cards on the field are much better)
- DEKOICHI THE BATTLECHANTED LOCOMOTIVE x2 (man if you want to increase draw power of your deck use Morphing Jar to have a full hand)
- OLD VINDICTIVE MAGICIAN (3 copies are to much, believe me)
- TREEBORN FROG (you have to many traps and you will always have some of them on the field and then you can't use effect of Treeborn Frog)

+ GRANMARG THE ROCK MONARCH (I know that you don't like it but it's a very useful card. Mobius can destroy only spells and traps, Zaborg only monsters, but with Grandmarg you have an option. If your opponent has only a face-down monster, destroy it. If he has some face-down then destroy that one...)
+ MYSTIC TOMATO (if you are using it use all 3 copies or don't use it at all)
+ CYBER DRAGON (...1st special summon, then tribute for Monarchs)
+ MARSHMALLON (no need to explain why)
+ MORPHING JAR (to get wanted cards from your deck)

I hope you will consider my fixes (after my fix, rate will be 9/10 Very Happy )

3Apprentice Monarchs Empty Re: Apprentice Monarchs Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:02 pm

Bertha

Bertha
Level 1 Obelisk
Level 1 Obelisk

I think here's where our playing styles differ. Let me explain each of the cards you said to take out, and why i really don't want to do that.

Thestalos the Firestorm Monarch:Okay. You say "the worst monarch?" Well, just to give you an idea of the tremendous advantage it can provide, let me propose a situation. Set 1 Deko. Set 1 Bribe. Opponent sets 1 s/t and sets one monster. Flip Deko-draw card. Sac for thestalos. They must discard. Unless they use solemn-then i can negate that. What are they now? Oh, right. Down 4000 LP and down 2 cards. Meanwhile, i drew an extra with my Deko, have a 2400 attack beatstick on the field, and 5 cards in my hand. You've got to be pretty lucky to get out of that situation.
Dekoichi the Battlechanted Locomotive: It's a great flip->sac card. and also, not many conservative playing opponents will risk getting blown up and attack an FD monster when i set a few S/T. I flip for instant card advantage. And, i can sac for a Monarch.
Vindictive: Yes, i need to run 3. It meshes perfectly with Mobius and Thestalos. Okay, so first, why do i run 3?
-CCV Target
-Searchable by Apprentice magician, which is searchable by Tomato
-Flip for instant destruction-so, first turn, i can set apprentice, they kill it, i get vindic, kill opponent's monster, sac for thestalos, they're down 1 card in hand and 2400+ LP.
Basically, combining it with Apprentice Magician, CCV, and Mobius/Thestalos, i get +2/3 card advantage and instant 2400 damage. (usually, won't get countered due to me running 3 Bribe/Solemn).
Treeborn Frog This deck only has 10 cards to set. Nine traps, and MST. Of the 9 traps, realistically, i will probably only draw 3-5 per game. If either of those is a Torrential or Mirror Force, i most likely won't set it until the opponent has a commanding advantage. It's a reusable tribute. So it stays. No idea how helpful it is if, say, my opponent just blew up my Mirror Force with a Breaker, and attacked me directly, and our lp is like 1000-1000. And i draw a Zaborg. And i'm like.. oh shit.. GOOD GAME.. WAIT. i have a treeborn in my graveyard! Boom. I win. Treeborn is one of the most important cards in this deck. So it stays.

So thanks for your fixes. I might not've agreed with them-but just to let you know, before i posted this deck, i ran it with marsh, 3 tomato, cyber dragon, and 2 vindics. And this build works much better. :P. And if i was going to add in a Marshmallonn.. i'd add Spirit Reaper instead for CCV target.

Also, i tried jar in it.. and this deck keeps a lot of cards in the hand, like Monarchs, and doesn't want to discard them. Also, it's not really good synergy with anything. >_> sorry. I mean, it belongs in most decks. But this deck has such consistent field presence and hand presence, that Morphing Jar is just not meant to be in it. Thanks for takng the time to look at my deck!

4Apprentice Monarchs Empty Re: Apprentice Monarchs Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:17 pm

Dartz

Dartz
Level 1 Obelisk
Level 1 Obelisk

Well you can also try my fix =
- 3 SOLEMN JUDGMENT ( cause 3 dark bribe is enough cause you not hard to summed any of your monarchs and second it will stay maybe a long time face down and thats not good for your TREEBORN FROG )
- 1 soul exchange
- 1 THESTALOS THE FIRESTORM MONARCH
- 2 GRAVEKEEPER'S SPY
-2 DEKOICHI THE BATTLECHANTED LOCOMOTIVE

+ 1 GRANMARG THE ROCK MONARCH
+ 1 CREATURE SWAP
+ 2 BOTTOMLESS TRAP HOLE
+ MARSHMALLON
+ SPIRIT REAPER ( Help for your CRUSH CARD VIRUS)
+ 1 FOOLISH BURIAL (For your TREEBORN FROG )
+2 CYBER VALLEY

And i have a funny idee for those MONARCHs you can put BLACK PTERA and ULTIMATE OFFERING it will be a good combat ....

https://darkarmeddragon.forumotion.net/forum.htm

5Apprentice Monarchs Empty Re: Apprentice Monarchs Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:05 pm

Bertha

Bertha
Level 1 Obelisk
Level 1 Obelisk

Guys. I considered some fixes, and fixes other people gave me and uploaded a new decklist.

6Apprentice Monarchs Empty Re: Apprentice Monarchs Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:05 pm

Dinoxer

Dinoxer
Level 1 Obelisk
Level 1 Obelisk

Why not add in more lightning Vortexes and remove fissure etc. The cost of lightning vortex allows you to discard..which means it might increase your potiental for Dark Creator.
Ps: I think people always use 3 gravekeeper spy/Tomatoe.

https://www.youtube.com/user/daniel945656

7Apprentice Monarchs Empty Re: Apprentice Monarchs Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:33 pm

Bertha

Bertha
Level 1 Obelisk
Level 1 Obelisk

3 Spy means one is a dead draw. Tomato is not used because it's a good card itself, it's just used to search out Sangan, Reaper, and Apprentice. So 3's not worth it. Lightning Vortex's discard cost is bad. This deck doesn't want excessive discarding, seeing as Dark Creator is merely back-up, not at all the primary strategy. I mean.. none of these Darks really have effects activating in teh grave.. so, i don't think Lightning makes sense. Well, thanks for looking at it Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum