Dark Armed Dragon Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

"Flamvell Assault" Deck Profile Report (KC)

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Kyosuke Kiryu

Kyosuke Kiryu
Level 1 Obelisk
Level 1 Obelisk

For those who missed it on KC. I decided to post it here for you to read

Hello my fellow fans *crickets* this is Kyosuke Kiryu writing a small surprise for you. Hopefully, this will keep you interested long enough to find out what I am going to talk about today. *Takes a deep breath* Let's begin, shall we?

September's 2009 Format! ...What a format that was for duelists! Back then the "Dead", "Twilight", "Light Lords", and "Birds" were winning and pwning in big events. That was the format where many would topdeck "Judgement Dragon" and game over, or even swarm for an OTK in a Zombie Deck full of Synchros. Definitely a format to remember! That is all you would see on locals, regionals, and SJC. There was one archetype that was released on November of 2009 on the "Hidden Arsenal" pack: "Flamvell" monsters they are called; except they did not really stand a chance. "Flamvells" were not so competitive as some of us would call it, aside from "Flamvellsworns", since they had the "Lightsworn" engine attached to them. Basically, the match was up to whoever got the best starting hands... however, one day their end was to come.

*Flashback over*

March 2010! - A new format. You know what this means? Yes, means more Decks coming up, more upcoming tournaments, and new sets! Best of all is that this is a slower format, and that means not as much pain for us. This is the format everyone was waiting for as we will be seeing new creative ideas, and much more. For others, it may have been a bit disappointing. Oh, well! This is the game, and we must adapt to what Konami throws at us.

With this new format there is bound to be many surprises to be thrown at us. What will be the next top Deck to rise above all others? It is for all of you to find out...

Enough of me blabbing on. Let's get right to the point now! *Clears throat* Ladies and gentlemen! I will present to you a Deck that has the potential to rise above all others in this format! For those "Stardust Dragon" fans here is a Deck that you might love!! Or if you thought "Stardust" was broken enough, wait till' you see "Stardust" with "Flamvell" monsters combined as shown below. Without further "adieu" I present you...

» Flamvell Assault »
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
(for KCVDS)

:: Monsters :: [20]

x2 Stardust Dragon Assault Mode
x2 Assault Beast
x1 Assault Mercenary
x2 Rose, Warrior of Revenge
x1 Summoner Monk
x1 Sangan
x1 Mystic Tomato
x1 Blackwing- Gale the Whirlwind
x1 Cyber Dragon
x1 Gorz, the Emissary of Darkness
x1 Tragoedia
x3 Flamvell Magician
x3 Flamvell Firedog

:: Spells :: [13]

x2 Rekindling
x2 Book of Moon
x1 Mind Control
x1 Brain Control
x1 Reinforcements of The Army
x1 Assault Teleport
x2 Instant Fusion
x1 Heavy Storm
x1 Mystical Space Thypoon
x1 Giant Trunade

:: Traps :: [07]

x2 Bottomless Trap Holes
x1 Torrential Tribute
x1 Mirror Force
x1 Call of The Haunted
x2 Assault Mode Activate

:: Side Deck :: [15]

x1 Thunder King Rai-Oh
x2 Kycoo the Ghost Destroyer
x1 Battle Fader
x1 D.D. Crow
x2 Nobleman of Crossout
x2 Trap Hole
x2 Mirror of Oaths
x2 Light-Imprisoning Mirror
x2 Skill Drain

:: Extra Deck :: [15]

x2 Stardust Dragon
x1 Red Dragon Archfiend
x1 Thought Ruler Archfiend
x1 X-saber Urbellum
x1 Phychic Lifetrancer
x1 Goyo Guardian
x1 Ally of Justice- Catastor
x1 Ancient Fairy Dragon
x1 Arcanite Magician
x1 Black Rose Dragon
x1 Colossal Fighter
x2 KamionWizard
x1 Musician King

Mind you that this is a KCVDS Deck. If it was in real life I would add 2 "Starlight Road" on the main Deck in place of "Mercenary", and "Assault Teleport". Nevertheless, this is how the current KCVDS Deck looks like.

A Flamvell Assault you ask? Yes, this type of Deck has the potential to rise and be beyond what people think. This Deck will keep the opponent annoyed if he cannot find a way to get rid of "Stardust Dragon/Assault Mode", yet little ol' "Stardust", once you have the monsters you need on the field. With this kind of amazing control you can Summon your main monster in a matter of seconds (well, I might be exaggerating).

How this Deck works is really simple: we have 6 tuners, meaning it will be easy to get them and Summon your "Stardust Dragon" as soon as possible! This Deck looks good on paper and can get really pro hands if you test it out yourself!

Many ask why only 2 "Assault Mode Activate" and 2 "Stardust Dragon/Assault Mode". Reason being is that it makes room for other cards and, besides, it can be dead at 3. Fact is that 2 of them is plenty. Also, we have 1 "Assault Teleport". For those who think that this card is useless, you are wrong. There are many situations where you have a "Stardust/Assault" on your hand and you do not want it there; you will always want it in the Deck. If you draw this card it will boost you up. It let's you draw 2 cards, not 1, but 2 cards!!

"Assault Beast" is the helper of this Deck. You'll want to Synchro Summon "Stardust Dragon" and have an "Assault mode Activate" to set it the same turn you Summoned it. That way if opponent tries to destroy your "Stardust", you can chain and Special Summon the main monster in this Deck! "Assault Mercenary suck0rz" This is what many will say as soon as they look at this Deck. This card can do wonders, trust me. It can either do two things:

A) Prevent "Assault Mode Activate" from being a dead draw, acting as another "MST" by returning it back to the Deck for later use.
B) Return "Assault Mode Activate" from the Graveyard! This is the best effect. You can basically "Recycle" your main trap in this Deck.

"Rose", is there because she is a level 4 tuner that can be easily searched with "Reinforcements of the Army", as you will want those tuners as soon as possible. With "Monk", "ROTA", and "Book of Moon" to work with her, she will be easily on the field long enough to fulfill her mission. Also, "Summoner Monk" is a big boy here... he gets you those level 4 monsters needed! With all the Spells in this Deck he can not only bring "Rose", but also "Firedog", "Magician", "Tomato" and "Assault Mercenary". He is mostly, for tuners though. "Sangan", and "Tomato" are here to get him out easier. "Instant fusion" is there as well for easy level 4 Summoning. Pretty basic stuff.

The Deck does really great versus the meta once you get what you need, but if you do not then there might be some trouble. In any case, expect it to give a tough fight. Imagine 2 Stardust Assaults on the field! Wouldn't that be something? Yes, once that happens you know is gg for them. This Deck has the speed of a cheetah when it comes to Summoning quicker than meta Decks. With enough tuners and level 4 monsters, this Deck can Summon what it needs in 2-3 turns top! What else can you want?!

"Flamvell" monsters, from the archetype I mentioned earlier, are a great addition for this Deck. Here we only use "Flamvell Firedog" and "Flamvell Magician". "Firedog" is a good beatstick with a great effect, that lets us Summon "Flamvell Magician" for a quick "Stardust", or any other level 8 Synchro, since he is a tuner. Although, in most cases you will need Stardust when it comes to using this Deck. "Rekindling" is to boost the Flamvell part on this Deck which takes a big role. It is going to swarm, and baby get ready to feast your eyes on some more Synchro Summoning!

As for Side Decking, just some basic stuff. "Trap Hole" is a little thing I like to side versus "Stun", and other Decks such as "Gladiators", and "Blackwing" Decks to stop them from using the "Broken Whirlwind Thing". "Kycoo", and "D.D Crow" work against Decks such as "Norleras", stops "DAD", and can beat grave abusive Decks such as "Lightsworns" and "Blackwings". "Battle Fader" can stop a lot of things, and most duelists are siding it nowadays. Give it a try!

"Nobleman" can stop Decks such as "Hamster Decks" and they love those "Frogs" and "Dandylions" even though they are not Flip effects monsters. Mirror of oaths is a great side versus Gladiator Beasts, and you draw 1 card. The "Light Mirror" can stop "Lightsworns", "Cyber Dragon", "Eltanin", and other LIGHT Attributed Decks. "Skill Drain" also does wonders, as not only stops your opponent's monsters from using their effects; Stardust can go around it, and with Skill Drain on field, it won't have to worry about opponent's effect anymore! *Phew*

About "Starlight Road" I will talk about it a bit, not a lot. It makes this Deck 10x better. So, if you are a real life or YVD duelist you have to try it out. It stops cards such as "Judgement Dragon", "Mirror Force", "Black Rose Dragon", "Torrential Tribute", "Lightning Vortex" and others, and grants easy access to "Stardust" without the need of Synchro'ing. It protects you and saves you time, making a great impact on this format!

Not interested yet?! Then test it out yourself and see it with your own eyes; this Deck will leave your mouth open. A very fun, and you might say soon to be competitive Deck. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] is a little video I taped for you guys to take a sneak-peek on how it works (comments on YouTube are welcomed!). I could not take a vid of a full match, but this should show the potential I mentioned earlier. Enjoy, good luck, and have fun! Very Happy

~Kyosuke Kiryu | KC Reporters

http://duelkings.forumotion.net/index.htm

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum