Dark Armed Dragon Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

DAD Academy

+16
Chronicler200
KiryuBG
Nova
MUFC
Yugi Muto
TWDOR
BERKAY
SpiTFire96
BM Joker
KingMP94
Shadow
Enigma_m7
RafaeL
Staxx
Loto Drandel
Simon
20 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1DAD Academy Empty DAD Academy Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:10 am

Simon

Simon
Adminstrator
Adminstrator

As some of you may know...I left DLK, but of course the topic isn't about that, but it's about me getting more active than I was in DAD since I had much focus on DLK.

Things I'd like to hear from you guys what are you thinking about DAD Academy;
What can we do to make it better;
and all sorts of ideas are surely welcome!
Don't hesitate to post what are you thinking about DAD Acadeny and what can we do to make it better.

http://www.dadacademy.net

2DAD Academy Empty Re: DAD Academy Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:27 am

Loto Drandel

Loto Drandel
Adminstrator
Adminstrator

well, this might be a bit over the top...depending on what you think...

I was thinking we could bring back the Guess That Image portion that was stopped b4 I joined DAD Academy...also, I think it could be fun to add a topic with cards with one person naming a yugioh card and then the next poster posts the name of a yugioh card that starts with the last letter of the previous card

Example:
Michizure
Elemental Hero Gaia
Absolute End
Destiny Hero - Malicious

That's just a couple suggestions

3DAD Academy Empty Re: DAD Academy Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:42 am

Simon

Simon
Adminstrator
Adminstrator

Yea it's ok, you can go ahead and post it in Domino City like the topics in KC

4DAD Academy Empty Re: DAD Academy Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:57 pm

Staxx

Staxx
Mr. Lawlstogmer
 Mr. Lawlstogmer

Right now DAD is really boring and its going to get even more boring, when school starts. So i think we need to promote more conversation on this forum.

5DAD Academy Empty Re: DAD Academy Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:41 pm

RafaeL

RafaeL
Level 1 Obelisk
Level 1 Obelisk

more accademy wars would do the trick !!!! i cant remember when dad had last war and against who....

6DAD Academy Empty Re: DAD Academy Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:59 pm

Enigma_m7

Enigma_m7
Adminstrator
Adminstrator

first of all somehow we need to return the good duelists again in DAD.From there the whole work.When the good duelists come and newbies come.I think we can do this with often DAD live tournies whit a prize (dc's or some honour...its nvm), which must be with good organization and from some1 who can taking decisions.
Also host more normal tournies so there will be less DQ-ing.
The "Domino City" could be developed.
And the inter teams need some refresh there team members cuz most of them are inactive and team wars are impossible.
Also make some little changes, which show that DAD is active and modern.As new banners, maybe? since these banners r pretty old.
As rafa said - make more wars!
well this is my opinion :]

http://yugiohrpg.darkbb.com/

7DAD Academy Empty Re: DAD Academy Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:32 pm

Shadow

Shadow
Alumni
Alumni

yep i agree with enigma and raf academy wars and dorm wars and inter team wars....all of em r kinda inactive :/

8DAD Academy Empty Re: DAD Academy Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:39 pm

KingMP94

KingMP94
Black Mamba
Black Mamba

Then the team leaders have to get their members more active....Because only my team, The Flame and Ballins team are the 2 alive ones.

9DAD Academy Empty Re: DAD Academy Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:48 pm

BM Joker

BM Joker
Level 1 Obelisk
Level 1 Obelisk

Banners and design -.-

10DAD Academy Empty Re: DAD Academy Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:24 am

SpiTFire96

SpiTFire96
Adminstrator
Adminstrator

I have to agree on the banners and appearance, Also I think we need to promote alot more off topic conversations and topics cause talking about KC and cards all the time can just be boring.

The biggest problem I have seen since I joined is freshmen just being left to sort most things on their own and being left out of things, maybe promote some more new member activites.

Dorm leader situation needs to be sorted out cause Idk if there is a ra or obelisk leader, We need active people representing the dorms.

And hopefully Once inter teams are back I can sort out my Apple lover team [If i still own it idk if i do]

Apart from that I think everything is ok, Just some inactivity probs to sort out, Thats about it

11DAD Academy Empty Re: DAD Academy Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:41 am

BERKAY

Freshmen
Freshmen

Forum theme, banners, widgets need change. About widgets, Calendar, Quick Guide and Poll no need. In Information widget, delete DAD's scores. Academy wars died since teams created. Here is needless topics and forums too. Designate them and bam! Smile Everyone is right here btw. Smile

DAD, can I honest? I'm a bit glad you left DLK. Because what you said, you onlt focus on DLK and you forgot your academy.

12DAD Academy Empty Re: DAD Academy Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:09 am

Simon

Simon
Adminstrator
Adminstrator

Pretty much true, Berkay.

I'm willing to put all my focus on DAD Academy.
Maybe it's better for staff to replace the inactive members.
Yes, academy wars.
We're working on new banners.
and yeah we need to refresh the Inter teams.

13DAD Academy Empty Re: DAD Academy Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:38 am

TWDOR

TWDOR
Freshmen
Freshmen

Last month i was very inactive but now i come back and i will do my job like before and i'll try to do some changes that you want guys.. please keep posting what you want to be improved in this academy..

14DAD Academy Empty Re: DAD Academy Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:31 am

Enigma_m7

Enigma_m7
Adminstrator
Adminstrator

also 1 of the biggest problem is that everybody make academy this summer xD About 10 new academies...

http://yugiohrpg.darkbb.com/

15DAD Academy Empty Re: DAD Academy Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:37 am

BM Joker

BM Joker
Level 1 Obelisk
Level 1 Obelisk

Enigma_m7 wrote:also 1 of the biggest problem is that everybody make academy this summer xD About 10 new academies...
and all of them suck

16DAD Academy Empty Re: DAD Academy Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:12 pm

Yugi Muto

Yugi Muto
Level 1 Obelisk
Level 1 Obelisk

well i didnt read any post above , so i will speak shortly .. DAD academy is becoming inaactive and am sure every one notic that ... so maybe this academy should copy DA style in activity .. means having more events and a whole new style once each few months .. DAD academy using hell of old banners ... but DA using a very new banners. DAD academy always use gray style and that :sucks: (no mean)
just use new ideas, make somthing like Spam-Spot .. or off topics (they both the same btw xD) .. Well .. new ranks and some fresh tournaments will be good .. when i log-in to DAD academy i just feel lost .. ALOT if sections is inactive .. only the GFX sections is active (is this DiviantArt V.2 or what?) .. maybe few more new staff and maybe if admins open a deck shops ... or just somthing to make DAD admins more active them selves. dunno .. do the math

17DAD Academy Empty Re: DAD Academy Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:12 pm

MUFC

MUFC
Level 1 Slifer
Level 1 Slifer

I don't think the copying can make DAD better :P .

18DAD Academy Empty Re: DAD Academy Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:10 pm

Nova

Nova
Level 1 Slifer
Level 1 Slifer

Do something unique, something that no other academy is doing.

19DAD Academy Empty Re: DAD Academy Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:11 pm

Simon

Simon
Adminstrator
Adminstrator

There are not lots of things that we can do actually, but we'll try.

20DAD Academy Empty Re: DAD Academy Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:28 pm

KiryuBG

KiryuBG
Level 1 Ra
Level 1 Ra

start live toyr`s.. like 3 on week or smth like if you could even go for everyday..
it will be perfect lol

21DAD Academy Empty Re: DAD Academy Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:01 am

Anonymous

I Agree With MUFC Copying Will Not Make DAD Academy Better. More Spam Topics Will Not Make A Difference As Well And KiryuBG It Is Not Easy To Host A DAD Live Tournament As It May Seem. There Are Not Enough Active People On The Hamachi Networks For DAD Academy To Host A Successful Live Tournament. I Will Put Someone In Charge Of Hosting Them When The New Hamachi Is Opened Up But For Now There Will Be None. Also The Point Of Opening Up Suggestions From Members Is To Hear New Creative Ideas Not To Rip Off Ideas From Other Academies.

22DAD Academy Empty Re: DAD Academy Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:22 am

Yugi Muto

Yugi Muto
Level 1 Obelisk
Level 1 Obelisk

i didnt mean by copying like to take DA suff .. lol .. i ment to do events and to run things here at the same way that things are running in DA .. not the banners and style and thats crap xD

23DAD Academy Empty Re: DAD Academy Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:07 am

BERKAY

Freshmen
Freshmen

Yugi Muto is right. Like always he is. Smile Take example. It's important. You can research other academys mistake to don't make their mistakes in here. It's what he mean.

Btw Yugi Muto was right again in his very shortly speak xD Shops... You need delete old shops. Current shops is enough. You can delete everything that looks bad in DAD profile.

Do you know Yugi Muto was right again. Oh my gosh. Yugi's best day! Very Happy Well, grat designs.

Hey Yugi stop this Very Happy He was right about old banners too. He meant renders are so old. You can use popular monsters. QD, Zero, Stardust, LS, BW, Red Dagon, Black-Winged, Black Rose, Kristya, Kinka Byo, Cyber Dragon, Casius, Tytannial etc. There are too many of them.

Consider them please...

24DAD Academy Empty Re: DAD Academy Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:31 am

Nova

Nova
Level 1 Slifer
Level 1 Slifer

[/begin rant]

How about actual teaching? Like, a dorm leader gives out assignments to be completed, and teaches the dorm things that are relevant to the level of the dorm:

Slifer Red: Beginner's Dorm (0-499 SP*) - Basic gameplay mechanics, as in introductions to knowing the basics. Spell Speed levels, types of summoning, basic deckbuilding and strategy.

Ra Yellow: Intermediate Dorm (500-999 SP) - Intermediate gameplay mechanics, such as understanding a card's resolution, the different types of effect monsters, and intermediate deck building that shows you understand what works for a deck and what doesn't.

Obelisk Blue: Advanced Dorm (1000-3000 SP) - At this level, there isn't much that you need to learn, but you should understand everything from the aforementioned dorms. The timing of a card's resolution, card synergy, advantage, all the advanced gameplay mechanics should be understood, or if needed, taught here. Level 1 Rulings Certification should be a must, but not required. If you're age is 16+ and you have the ability to sign up, you should do so {I believe perks should go to those who become certified, as they could help the academy in many ways}. Those who aren't of age must pass a rigorous exam twice a year.

I will suggest a new dorm . . .

Exodia Black: Graduate Dorm (3000+ SP) - The elites, the legends, students who have endured the program and completed the requirements. Staff positions should be offered to those who are apart of this dorm, and they represent the academy on occasion if need be. I would say they should be given Mod capabilities to help supervise the academy, but remain as a student if they desire to do so. All personnel currently in a Staff position reside in this dorm, and the only way from this point on to become Staff is through the program. The only exception to this is a position appointed by Dark Armed Dragon, Ballin1521, KingMP or The Winged Dragon of Ra.

That is just something to get it started if you were to do so, and with more work it could become a full-scale operation.

Why go through the trouble of stating what will more than likely be ignored? You asked for suggestions, and you got it. Plus, I have been apart and seen how well this work with the right amount of effort. I have faith that it can happen here, the question is:

Do you, the members of DAD, believe it will work?

*SP - Student Points

[/end rant]

25DAD Academy Empty Re: DAD Academy Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:44 am

Simon

Simon
Adminstrator
Adminstrator

It's great idea, DarkNova, we'd like to do it, but not everyone has the time for it nor the students have the time for it...that's the only problem otherwise it's awesome

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum