Dark Armed Dragon Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Many Defenses in Yu-Gi-Oh!

+2
Shadow
Loto Drandel
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Many Defenses in Yu-Gi-Oh! Empty The Many Defenses in Yu-Gi-Oh! Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:29 pm

Loto Drandel

Loto Drandel
Adminstrator
Adminstrator

Well, this is the first time I have tried to post in this particular area...I do not know if this topic is allowed here, but I'll post here and if it isn't supposed to be here, an admin can move it lol

As most duelists know, there are several cards that can be used to "defend" a duelist, whether it be from effect monsters, effect damage, battle damage, attacks, removals, or destruction...for this topic i will talk about some defensive cards based on what it prevents:

The first card I will talk about will be a card that stops effect monsters in their tracks when they try to activate their effects: Divine Wrath
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
This card was first released from Rise of Destiny. From what I have noticed, not very many duelists use this card a whole lot in this day and age...mabye it's because of its discard effect, or maybe it isn't...but this card can be deadly to monsters who try to activate their effects. Even though you have to discard a card as a cost, there are usually ways to make even discarded cards useful at some point in the duel. Divine Wrath can stop any effects EXCEPT for continuous effects. However, this card, though not used very often, can make a difference in a duel, especially since most monsters used today are effect monsters with activations (including synchros, fusions, and rituals)

Next card for me to talk about is a card that can help stop effect damage and even increase it: Damage Eater
This is a card that just got released nearly a month ago in the new booster pack, Duelist Revolution. I haven't really seen many duelists use this card, but it can be a great help for those who are against decks that can cause damage to life points by effects (Burn Decks mostly). If this card happened to be in a player's graveyard and that player's opponent tried to do damage through an effect (for example, Magic Cylinder), the player can remove this card from play to increase his/her Life Points by the same amount that would have been inflicted.

I will now talk about an "Old-School" card that can stop a player from taking battle damage: Kuriboh
This card was used quite a bit back in the old days...this card could be discarded from the hand to the graveyard to make ANY Battle Damage done by one of the user's opponent's monsters 0. It can be a big help against those that make a direct attack that inflict serious damage (2000+) This card might not be played very much anymore, but even to this day, it can still be helpful...those who use would just need to figure out what to use it with and all that

This next card is known for stopping monster attacks: Scrap-Iron Scarecrow
This card was first released in the first Structure Deck made for the era of 5D's (i think, since i hadn't seen this card up until then). This card can sometimes be a royal pain to mostly any duelist that tries to attack their opponent. The main reason for that is because it negates the attack and then is set back down. So, unless the attacker hass a card that can destroy or negate this card, the attacker would need to have more monsters to attack to have an attack get through to the user of the scarecrow...it's a very decent card to have in any deck for defending against attacks, even though it is not as deadly as cards like Dimensional Prison or Mirror Force. Even so, this card is worth using if a duelist does NOT have Mirror Force or Prison or whatever other defensive cards there are in the TCG or OCG (depending on where you are)

The next card I will discuss is a card that is able to stop cards from being removed from play: Imperial Iron Wall
This card was released in the Zombie World structure deck. This card is dangerous against those who use removal cards. Several cards that I have seen in duels (Banisher of the Radiance, Dimensional Fissure, Dimensional Prison) would be useless against this card b/c it prevents all cards from being removed from play...this card works extremely well in loops...for example, if this card is on the field and Player 1 has Quickdraw Synchron on the field, along with Quillbolt Hedgehog in the graveyard, Quillbolt could use its effect to special summon from the grave since Quickdraw Synchron is a Tuner monster. When Player 1 uses both Quickdraw and Quillbolt to Synchro Summon either Junk Archer or Nitro Warrior, Quillbolt's effect would NORMALLY remove it from play since it was special summoned by its own effect. However, since the card above is on the field, Quillbolt would STAY in the graveyard and can be used as much as Player 1 can as long as he has a Tuner monster on the field and as long as the card above is on the field.

The last card I will talk about is a card that can stop the opponent's effects that destroy monsters: Prime Material Dragon
This is a very interesting card that I haven't really seen too much. It has a very nice effect of increasing a player's life points instead of decreasing them due to effect damages, but from what I have seen and experienced, this dragon is best known for it's monster protection from destruction effects...When a card effect is activated to destroy a monster on the field, the controller of this dragon can send 1 card from their hand to the graveyard to negate and destroy the card that was being used...this effect is handy against cards such as Dark Hole, Lightning Vortex, Mirror Force, Torrential Tribute, and even effect monsters that destroy other monsters such as Dark End Dragon or Gladiator Beast Murmillo. Overall, this card is handy against effects that do effect damage AND effects that destroy monsters, so it provides a good defense as well as a nice attack Smile

Well, that is pretty much it on this topic...hope you weren't too bored by it and maybe even learned something from it. Smile

Loto Drandel

2The Many Defenses in Yu-Gi-Oh! Empty Re: The Many Defenses in Yu-Gi-Oh! Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:48 pm

Shadow

Shadow
Alumni
Alumni

10/10 D:

i dont like damage eater lol

3The Many Defenses in Yu-Gi-Oh! Empty Re: The Many Defenses in Yu-Gi-Oh! Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:46 am

FelixTheTwilight

FelixTheTwilight
Freshmen
Freshmen

Hmm... very well bud for new. I'd give 9/10 Damage Eater is kinda nothing. but I'll give 8/10 No Colors :P But I'll give 8.5/10 Cause you helped me into my new deck. anyways thanks bud. Nice one. Keep doing the good work =)

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheTwilightFelix

4The Many Defenses in Yu-Gi-Oh! Empty Re: The Many Defenses in Yu-Gi-Oh! Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:21 am

paladin000

paladin000
Level 1 Slifer
Level 1 Slifer

very nice work bro...i actually learned some nice combos to use Smile thanks for the info on some of the cards i was thinking about using, especially the dragon Very Happy

i'd give it a 11/10 if possible lol

5The Many Defenses in Yu-Gi-Oh! Empty Re: The Many Defenses in Yu-Gi-Oh! Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:32 pm

Neji

Neji
Graphic Team Member
Graphic Team Member

nice man ^_^ =P 10/10 ^_^
keep up the good work

6The Many Defenses in Yu-Gi-Oh! Empty Re: The Many Defenses in Yu-Gi-Oh! Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:18 pm

Nedvedd

Nedvedd
Freshmen
Freshmen

I like the article Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum