Dark Armed Dragon Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Loto's Deck Analysis #1 (Karakuri Geargia)

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Loto Drandel

Loto Drandel
Adminstrator
Adminstrator

With the format opening the meta up and the introduction of new cards and deck ideas, the metagame has stepped up and increased the number of decks doing well, as well as brought back a couple decks (Gravekeepers and Agents in particular). This will be my first article in a long time (well, a long ass time technically since I've been gone since...idk well over a year? lol) so hope it's not so bad...

My first deck analysis will be on a deck that had won a YCS in Providence, RI if I remember correctly; Karakuri Geargia

I have played with this deck several times online, and it's pretty good once it gets its formula/strategy going; I will go over some of the key components and how they mesh together in the deck.

First off will be a Gear monster that really gets the search portion going...Geargiarmor

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

This card is what starts the deck off most of the time. The best way (and obvious in my book lol) is to set it and let your opponent try to attack it; if they choose to set a monster instead of summon and attack; it allows you to flip summon it on your next turn which will trigger its effect since it is flipped face-up, allowing for any geargia monster, except itself, to be added to your hand from the deck; which usually leads to having this card added as a result of armor's effect...

with the ability of being special summoned to the field in defense position when you control a geargia monster, such as Geargiarmor or even itself, this card is handy for getting out either xyz or synchros with the use of the karakuri tuners...

This card is a nice touch to the deck; its ability to gain 200 ATK for each Geargia monster the player controls (including itself) makes it a good beatstick with enough Geargia monsters (starts off with 1700 ATK); its second effect to tribute itself to special summon a Geargia monster in face-up defense makes it even sweeter, allowing you to pull out that needed armor to get the search power going Very Happy

Now to talk about the Karakuri side of the deck...

Kuick can help set things up for a push in crucial points of the game, especially when it destroys a monster by battle and sends it to the graveyard, triggering its special summon ability to bring any level 4 or lower Karakuri monster from the grave to the field in defense (nishi recycler? lol) to set up more synchro or xyz summons

Saizan isn't exactly the most useful Karakuri in the bunch, but hey, with 1800 DEF it can hold up somewhat, and it's a Level 4 tuner, so it's a surefire way to get some Level 8 syncs or help get Rank 4 xyz...more for the use of quick syncing in my book though I'm sure others would disagree lol

Now this guy is very handy in so many ways...one it's a tuner (LOL). One of its biggest uses is to change the battle position of any monster on the field, which is ideal for abusing Twisted Evil Geargiarmor's flipped face-up effect, triggering more search power at your disposal...

Now to talk about main monsters in the Extra Deck...

These 2 are the main synchros of the deck; both are able to special summon a Karakuri monster from the deck, Bureido allows you (once per turn) to draw a card when a face-up Karakuri monster you control changes battle position (and stays face-up) and Burei (once per turn) can change the battle position of any monster on the field once per turn (abuse Geargiarmor...poor armor...can't these Karakuri ever give it any rest? Sad )

GG-X is great in his own way...you can either add a machine-type monster from your deck or recycle one from your graveyard to your hand by detaching one Xyz material from this guy, allowing for some extra punch; when it leaves the field, it gives you the option to special summon a level 3 or lower Geargia monster from the grave...I have yet to use that effect, but who knows what'll happen?

This deck has some very interesting twists to it, along with being able to co-exist with Machina Fortress and Gearframe, allowing for some sick combos (Number 11: Big Eye for example) and having some nasty card abuse (several cards abuse Geargiarmor to the point of malfunction that it makes me feel sorry for it...not really Twisted Evil ) and constant pressure on your opponent...

On a side note, I have tried various cards in the deck and some have done decent, though to some they aren't that great (too slow mainly)...one is Tsukuyomi, a Spirit monster that puts a monster in face-down defense position when it is normal summoned of flipped face-up...it worked the best out of most of the cards I tried in the build I run.

Overall, I think this deck is great, but as anyone knows, all decks have weaknesses; for this one, there are a couple (Cyber Dragon being one of them to trigger into Chimeratech Fortress Dragon)

That is all for the analysis on key components of a Karakuri Geargia deck (Karagia for short in my book lol)...let me know what you thought of this analysis...also, if you feel I missed a monster in this deck, feel free to say so and I will put info regarding it on the post...I hope you found this analysis useful in some shape or form...

Loto Drandel

*sorry for XL Kuick pic, only decent sized one I could get off of wiki for some reason Sad

Staxx

Staxx
Mr. Lawlstogmer
 Mr. Lawlstogmer

i loved this!

good job

KingMP94

KingMP94
Black Mamba
Black Mamba

Karakuri Geargia's are awesome! Love the deck, very aggro and can just as easily be a control deck as well. Love Geargia as a whole, great article!

LegendaryFrost

LegendaryFrost
Level 3 Obelisk
Level 3 Obelisk

As a geargia whore, I approve of this article, nice read. One thing I'd like to add is the use of Genex Ally Birdman. A starting hand with Armor and Birdman is capable of OTKing, and that's just from 2 monsters. Overall nice coverage though, KIU.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum