Dark Armed Dragon Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

SpiTFire's Archetype Breakdown #1 (Madolche)

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

SpiTFire96

SpiTFire96
Adminstrator
Adminstrator

Hey guys, seeing as the article section is kind of revamped as of late, I thoguht I’d submit a work, so to speak.

Keep in mind that this is actually my first article, and as a result It probably isn’t as refined as it could be, but to be honest I’m happy with it.

Madolche’s - An introduction
With the introduction of the Rise of the Duelist Booster Set in the TCG, many new possibilities for players have been opened, and on top of this, many new archetypes have been introduced. One of these new archetypes are the Madolche cards.

How do Madolche’s work?

Upon first glance, it is obvious that Madolche’s revolve around renewal. Most Madolche monsters have the option to be sent back to the deck upon destruction, meaning players will generally have a small graveyard while using this deck.

This effect by itself mightn’t seem like much, however Madolche’s have many cards which consist of searching the deck for other Madolche’s. This, along with cards such as Madolche Chateau active makes the ability to send back to the deck very useful.

So, with all that in mind let’s have a look at the Madolche’s, and see what makes them so effective.

Monsters:
Madolche Mageliene

Effect:
Spoiler:

How many copies should be run : 3 Copies

One of the keys to both a good archetype and a good deck is the ability to search the deck. As a result of this, Madolche Mageliene is probably the most important card in this set. Mageliene acts as the searcher or the “Stratos” of the deck . As a result of this, in the early game, Mageliene has a lot of potential and can make all the difference in a duel.

One important feature of this card which should be noted is that Mageliene is able to search itself .

There’s no reason to run less than 3 copies of this card; it adds a consistency boost that would otherwise make Madolche’s too slow.

Tips for using this card:

Due to the fact that this card can search itself, combining it with Ultimate Offering is a very viable option. This is good as it’ll help the player maintain field and hand presence, as well as thinning the deck out.

Madolche Butlerusk:

Effect:
Spoiler:

How many copies should be run: 1-2

Butler's effect seems rather slow at times, and redundant at that. Some players may also argue that Terraforming seems a more viable choice for searching for Field Spells.

The quantity in which this card is run is debateable. Some players like running one copy, and some think two is preferable, it really depends on the deck itself and the play-style of the user. Most players agree unanimously that three copies should not be run of this card, as it slows the deck down drastically.

Card Tips:

When paired with Mageliene and/or Ultimate Offering, this card can be even more viable, as it is much easier to activate its effect.

Using Madolche Baaple’s effect may provide a player with the opportunity to stall for a turn, allowing them to summon Butlerusk for his effect. I would not recommend this combo though, As Baaple is a terrible card.

Madolche Mewfeuille

Effect:
Spoiler:

How many copies should be run: 2-3

Upon first glance, this little cat may remind some of Marauding Captain in terms of its effect, as granted, they are similar. Right now, there are quite a few combos one can use with Mewfeuille, and as this archetype further develops I’m sure we’ll see even more.

Mewfeuille is probably the second best Madolche monster, losing to Mageliene. I’d always recommend running 2-3 of this card as it gives a big speed boost to the deck which can make all the difference in the game.

Card Tips:
The obvious combo for Mewfeuille is to summon Messengelato with its effect, as it fulfils all requirements for Mess’s effect, thus allowing a player to search for a Madolche Spell/Trap of their choice. For example, Madolche Ticket.

Players may also choose to summon Puddingcess with Mewfeuille’s effect as Tribute Summoning Puddingcess is something that should be avoided.

A third option is to summon Cruffsant using this effect. As Cruffsant is also a Level 3 Beast, it opens up several options for XYZ Summoning which would normally be available in some Meta decks. For example, one may choose to summon M-X Saber Invoker or Soul of Silvermountain.

Madolche Messengelato

Effect:
Spoiler:

Messengelato was the card that single-handedly made Butlerusk look like a rather underpowered card.

Its effect(when activated) is an upgraded version of Butlerusk, mainly due to the fact it can search for one Madolche Spell/Trap, and not just a Field Spell.

The quantity in which this card is run depends mainly on two things: The amount of Madolche Spells/Traps run and the amount of Mewfeuille’s run.

Tips:
This card can be summoned by M-X Saber Invoker, which gives Messengelato even more opportunities to use his effect.

This card is searchable by both Reinforcement of The Army and Madolche Magileine. Reinforcement may be considered a viable tech choice, however it would be even more preferable if the player added more targets for it.

Being an easy-to-summon Level 4 Warrior, Heroic Knight – Excalibur is a viable Extra Deck choice.

Madolche Puddingcess.

How many copies should be run: 0-1

Effect:
Spoiler:

Puddingcess is considered the “Princess” in the Madolche Set. She is currently the only Madolche which requires a tribute, and as a result she can be a rather tricky card to summon while trying to keep your graveyard empty.

I would never recommend running more than 1 Puddingcess, as she can be slow.

Tips:

I would always advise summoning this card with Madolche Mewfeuille, as it negates the necessity for having to tribute summon.

Pairing this card with Waboku or anything with a similar effect is a possibility.

As this card is a Fairy-type Madolche, it opens up many possibilities once an active Madolche Ticket is on the field.

Madolche Cruffsant

Effect:
Spoiler:

How many copies should be run: 0-2

Cruffsant is a card I’m personally having trouble warming up to.

I’ve tried running 1 of Cruffsant recently, and in testing it works decently, whether a player runs this or not is purely up to them, although I’ve found that the deck doesn’t lose much without it.

Tips:

As stated in my tips for Mewfeuille, this card is a level 3 Beast, meaning it does have plenty of options for XYZ. On top of that, with its effect it becomes a Level 4 Earth Beast, meaning the player has plenty of options while using it.

Queen Madolche Tiaramisu

Effect:
Spoiler:

Tiaramisu is the “Queen” of Madolche’s, and it’s easy to see why. Her effect is perfect for Madolche’s, as not only can she return Madolche Monsters from the grave, she can return any Madolche card of your choice!

This is perfect in the late game when you most likely have Madolche Tickets, Festas and Chateaus in your Graveyard. And as if that wasn’t enough, she always returns up to 2 of your opponent’s cards simultaneously.

This is currently the only XYZ for the Madolche’s, and it is easily one of the best Archetype-Specific XYZ’s in the game. For an easy to summon Rank 4 Exceed, she boasts very respectable stats and an amazing effect.

Tips:
There are very few tips I can give for this card, it’s self-explanatory, really.

Spells and Traps:

Madolche Chateau

How many copies should be run: 3.

Effect:
Spoiler:

This card is quite frankly amazing. As with any good archetype, this Spell card provides support specifically to the Madolche’s.

Upon activation, this card can return all your destroyed or tributed Madolche’s back to the deck. Because of this, Tribute Summoning a Madolche Puddingcess is viable.

Speaking of Puddingcess; Madolche Chateau and its ability to empty the grave means that Puddingcess will gain its 800 Point boost.

As if that wasn’t enough, being able to return your Madolche’s to your hand instantly means that they’re ready to go and to hassle your opponent all over again. This effect is especially useful when paired with Madolche Queen Tiaramisu.

Finally, Madolche Chateau turns all your Madolche’s into extremely powerful Beat-stick cards. Cards like Magileine, which have low attack are turned into extremely powerful Monsters, with Attack Points ranging from 1900-2100.

Madolche Ticket.

Effect:
Spoiler:

By itself, this card isn’t very efficient, but if combined with Madolche Chateau and/or any Fairy-Type Madolche, this card is very powerful.

One of the only tips I can think of in relation to this card is using it along with Compulsory Evacuation Device (CED). CED Can return one of your Madolche’s back to the hand, thus activating Madolche Ticket.

Madolche Happy Festa/Madolchepalooza

Effect:
Spoiler:

How many copies should be run: 1-2

Well, this card is pretty self-explanatory.

Its main purpose is to spam the field with Madolche’s for one turn, usually with the intent of summoning even more Tiaramisu’s from the Extra Deck.

I would generally advise against running 3 copies of this card, simply because of how redundant it can become in the late game.

Now, those are the core Madolche cards covered. As you may have noticed, I haven’t mentioned some of the other Madolche’s. That’s mainly because the other Madolche cards are useless in my eyes; They add nothing to the deck and at best they are tech choices which should be run at 1, but that’s it.

Now that I have the core cards laid down, I’ll briefly discuss some cards which might work in this deck.

I’m by no means saying that the following cards are staples, though; Merely ideas to get the right mindset for this deck going.

1: Guardian Eatos - When Madolche’s first came into the game, most builds ran Eatos as having a 2500 ATK Beat-stick on the field was extremely useful. In this format however, I rarely see it played, mainly because it’s seen as slow.

2: Terraforming - Some players chose to remove Butlerusk from the deck entirely and instead run

3: Trageodia - Not quite sure why this is popular in Madolche’s. But they are, so I’m just putting the idea out there.

4: Ally Genex Birdman - Birdman is a good tech choice as he is banished upon leaving the field (via his effect). Also, some Synchro’s can work well in this deck, so having a Level 3 tuner available is quite nice.

5: Dimensional Fissure - Main decking Dimensional Fissure is in my eyes a Cardinal sin, unless you’re running an RFP, Stun or Macro deck. Although if you’re very worried about keeping your graveyard clear of monsters, it is a possibility.

6: T.G’s: Running 3 T.G War-Wolf and 1 T.G Striker is actually a lot more competitive than I thought in this deck.

Striker is an Earth-type Tuner, meaning Synchronising it with the Madolche’s (Which are mainly Earth’s, too) can bring out extremely powerful lock-down Synchro’s, such as Naturia Beast, Barkion and Landoise.

As for War-Wolf, It’s a level 3 Beast, similar to Mewfeuille and Cruffsant. That and the fact that its easy to summon makes it viable.

Overall, the Madolche’s are quite under-used, which is a shame. As, if used correctly these cards can pose a huge problem for an opponent.

Hopefully this article has inspired you to consider running Madolche’s, and I also hope the advice I’ve given will be of aid to any new users of the deck.]

If anyone has any questions, queries, criticism or comments in general in regards to the article please let me know!

[Images of these cards along with diagrams were originally going to be included, however for both time, convenience and length in terms of the article I've left them out for now, my apologies]

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]