Dark Armed Dragon Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Genex KarakuriGears? o.O

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Genex KarakuriGears? o.O Empty Genex KarakuriGears? o.O Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:53 pm

KingMP94

KingMP94
Black Mamba
Black Mamba

Wanted to try a different approach to GeargiaKarakuri's that sees more action from Gear Gigant to set up plays, and I actually like it a lot! Its pretty consistent and can go off easily. So without further-a-do heres the decklist:

Monsters -17-
3x Geargiarmor
3x Geargiaccelerator
3x Geargiarsenal
1x Karakuri Strategist mdl 248 "Nishipachi"
2x Karakuri Watchdog mdl 313 "Saizan"
3x Genex Ally Birdman
2x Genex Neutron

Spells -10-
1x Pot of Duality
1x Book of Moon
1x Monster Reborn
1x Dark Hole
1x Heavy Storm
2x Mystical Space Typhoon
1x Pot of Avarice
1x Forbidden Lance
1x Mind Control

Traps -13-
2x Solemn Warning
1x Starlight Road
2x Compulsory Evacuation Device
2x Torrential Tribute
2x Mirror Force
2x Bottomless Trap Hole
2x Dimensional Prison

Extra Deck
2x Karakuri Shogun mdl 00 "Burei"
1x Marakuri Steel Shogun mdl 00X "Bureido"
1x Ally of Justice Catastor
1x Black Rose Dragon
1x Stardust Dragon
1x Scrap Dragon
1x Temtempo The Percussion Djinn
1x Wind-Up Zenmaines
1x Number 17: Leviathan Dragon
1x Number 39: Utopia
1x Maestroke the Symphony Djinn
2x Gear Gigant X

I enjoy this deck more than the traditional build that excludes Genex Neutron simply because of the +1 that the card can give you. I know that with 3 Birdman you would think that if I don't open with it then I would eventually draw to it but you would be surprised. Plus, even if you have Birdman in your hand, summoning Genex Neturon practically forces your opponent to use a Solemn Warning or a Bottomless Trap Hole on him if he has good backrow set, and since this deck can go for huge combos with few cards its important to clear your opponents backrow.

A combo I personally like is to go Geargiarmor effect --> add Geargiaccelerator --> SS Geargiaccelerator and go for Gear Gigant X. From there you can add Genex Neutron and summon it to set up for next turn, or bait a few of your opponents traps since 4100 damage could mean GG in many situations. The deck works great to win Game 1 since it efficiently gets the combo in your hand and from game 2 and on you can side effectively and comfortably Smile

2Genex KarakuriGears? o.O Empty Re: Genex KarakuriGears? o.O Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:28 pm

SpiTFire96

SpiTFire96
Adminstrator
Adminstrator

Mind Control seems like a strange tech for the deck, but apart from that it looks really solid

3Genex KarakuriGears? o.O Empty Re: Genex KarakuriGears? o.O Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:40 pm

KingMP94

KingMP94
Black Mamba
Black Mamba

Ehh there are times where I don't use it cause the combos are enough. However with a dead Watchdog in hand, it can put it to good use. Mind Controlling a TKR and going into a level 7 or 8 Synchro Monster with the tuners in the deck is always great Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]