Dark Armed Dragon Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Interactive article

+3
Staxx
KingMP94
darkness evil
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Interactive article Empty Interactive article Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:00 pm

darkness evil

darkness evil
Assistant
Assistant

Hello DAD, I'm trying something new with this article since were in a stand still of the format at the moment nothing new till next year. So lately i've been in some discussion about this format and what may change to make it better or worse, so for my next article i will like to include all your opinions so what i want you to do is post the following:

1. Your thoughts on the Current Format, good, bad, decent etc.

2. What is your Fav Format of all time,(Year + Deck), and why? Please pick a format you played in dont say goat control if u didnt play in 2005, need ur exp.

3. Pick 2 cards you would unban, 2 cards you would ban, 2 cards you would limit, 2 you would semi-limit, and 2 cards you would unlimit, to make the format better in your opinion and explain a bit about your choices.

4. Any questions you would like me to adress about yugioh formats or gameplay in general.

After i finish up my finals i will gather and address everything and all ur opinions analyze and post an article based on DAD members opinions and post a detailed article on the most popular formats, decks, and why they were popular, then address the current format pros and cons, and what people think would make it better so help me out DAD peeps.
~DE out

2Interactive article Empty Re: Interactive article Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:23 pm

KingMP94

KingMP94
Black Mamba
Black Mamba

1. Good format. Great diversity and most decks take a pretty good amount of skill + knowledge to play. Big improvement from last format IMO Smile

2. September 2009 because it was the format I started YuGiOh competitively in Very Happy haha...no, in all honesty its my favorite format mainly because I loved the short time I got to play Diva Zombies. I thought the deck was fucking awesome and loved the big pushes Very Happy

3. 2 Cards I would ban: Wind-Up Carrier Zenmaity and BLS
2 Cards I would unban: Glow-Up Bulb (really should've never been banned -_-), Goyo Guardian (favorite synchro monster of all time Very Happy)
2 Cards I would limit: Atlantean Dragoon and Gemini Spark/Miracle Fusion
2 Cards I would Semi-Limit: Dandylion (I WANT PLANTS BACK! Very Happy) and Book of Moon
2 Cards I would unlimit: Malicious and Card Trooper

4. N/A

3Interactive article Empty Re: Interactive article Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:35 pm

Staxx

Staxx
Mr. Lawlstogmer
 Mr. Lawlstogmer

I think this format is great, its the most balanced since..... March 2010.

my favorite Deck and Ban List was and will always be:
2009 Sept. Ban List Synchro Zombies Tele-DAD

I would unban and limit:
TRIBE-INFECTING VIRUS and CONFISCATION
Even though i know tribe will practically kill most of the decks in this format, it would be a classic i would love to have back. Confiscation needs to come back to kill decks thats rely on hand traps (veilers, honest, kaluts, gorz, trag).

would unlimit:
TRAGOEDIA and SOLEMN JUDGMENT
Trag is a beast card and needs to be at 3, mainly because who would run more than 2 in a deck anyway. Solemn... come on who doesnt miss 3 SJs in a deck? i loved it mostly cause noobs waste their LP for it.

4Interactive article Empty Re: Interactive article Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:40 pm

Loto Drandel

Loto Drandel
Adminstrator
Adminstrator

1. I think this format (compared to the last format) was a MAJOR IMPROVMENT!!! More decks now have a chance to make an impact as it has been shown in various YCS tournaments; skill once again came into play as a vital factor

2. I honestly don't think I have one; if I had to pick it would probably be the format from the Spring of 2011 with the debut of the Legendary Six Samurai since I loved using the Six Sams along with using GBs back in the day; the LSS put Six Sams back on the map and even to this day I love using the Samurai Very Happy

1st Card to Ban: Wind-Up Carrier Zenmaity; why? it's still broken as hell

2nd Card to Ban: Grapha, Dragon God of Dark World; why? he destroys things all over the place, he's pretty much the more broken version of Inzektor Hornet (Hornet has edge because of the equip feature to abuse, but Grapha still wreaks havoc)

1st Card to Unban: Goyo Guardian; one of my all-time favorite synchros to use as he caused mayhem among the enemy

2nd Card to Unban: Trap Dustshoot; that card wasn't really needing to be banned in the first place because it becomes a dead draw mid to late game...seems to shine best at Turn 1 scenarios if you open up strong but nowhere else really

2 Cards to Limit: Miracle Fusion (sick combo for Heroes) and Effect Veiler (needs to get limited due to its effect)

2 Cards to Semi-Limit: Monster Reborn (awesome card) and Gateway of the Six Samurai (more Samurai ownage lol)

2 Cards to Unlimit: Book of Moon (no need to be on list IMO) and Dandylion (get the plants going and see for potential in XYZ field)

4. N/A

5Interactive article Empty Re: Interactive article Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:57 pm

SpiTFire96

SpiTFire96
Adminstrator
Adminstrator

1. Stable enough format. The meta might be really fast but it's easily counterable. The format is also open to quite a lot of variety, which I like to see.

2. Either Goat Control or the Tele-DAD format. So much new tech with the game was discovered and it was amazing to witness it all unfold

3. Unban: Dark Strike Fighter
Delinquent Duo

Ban: Zenmaity and.. BLS.

Limit: Grapha and Miracle Fusion

Semi Limit: Dandy and PoA. We need plant spam. Nuff said. Also PoA wouldn't be too broken this format

Unlimit: Book of Moon and Trageodia. Good tech choices, not broken. Just unlimit them.

4. What decks have remained popular throughout the formats, and how they've adapted.

6Interactive article Empty Re: Interactive article Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:00 pm

LegendaryFrost

LegendaryFrost
Level 3 Obelisk
Level 3 Obelisk

1. Good, imo not too overpowered since all the main decks have advantages and disadvantages over another

2. Uhm 2009 I believe, around the time Jeff Jones won a YCS or so with a QD deck. Fav was Destiny Diva deck cuz a friend of mine helped me make it and it helped me understand a lot about the game, and it was fun to use.

3. 2 banned - Can't think of any atm
2 unban - Pot of Greeed, Trishula(because some decks just need to get their cards banished)
2 limited - Atlantean Dragoons(obvious), Wind-up Magician(because killing zenmaighty just ain't good 'nuff)
2 semi'd - Gemini Spark(Like srsly), Alius/Miracle(At least something hero related needs to go)
2 unlimited - Agent of mystery-Earth(as if seming this did anything), Bottomless trap hole(most of the new beaters coming out don't even mind hitting the grave since they either come back or can be used from there, we need to banish them)

4. Not atm.

7Interactive article Empty Re: Interactive article Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:18 am

yga

yga
Level 5 Obelisk
Level 5 Obelisk

1 It's not a bad format but could be better. I think it's a bit 2 fast

2 Basically any format before 2008 September. But i pick 2007 September cause my favourite deck perfect circle dominated and it was really fun to play

3 Cards may be unbanned only if they no longer have huge impact on the format and the only one i see is TIV. Should be banned Zenmaighty and BLS. 3 Cards deserve to be limited are MST cause it dictates the pace of the game, Dragoons - unfair search and WU Factory - unfair searches too. Semi limit and unlimit smth random that doesnt change anything like Gale and i personally would like to have more than 1 BOM just because its one of the best cards to slow down the game. So my choices are basically to slow down the format.

8Interactive article Empty Re: Interactive article Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:04 pm

darkness evil

darkness evil
Assistant
Assistant

So far so good comeon people give me more tto work witth

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum