Dark Armed Dragon Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Article I posted on DDA about Shiny Black "C"

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Yiannis

Yiannis
Level 1 Obelisk
Level 1 Obelisk

First of all, I want to ask, do I need to be in a team like "Official Article Team" to be able to post articles or can everyone post their articles without problems ? Cuz' if I can't post articles, then feel free to lock the topic.

So, this is an article I posted on DDA.

NOTE that this is not a copy + paste article. It is 100% originally written by me. Also I am the one who built the decks of this article AND just to let you know, the decks are following the September 2009 Ban List.

Shiny Black “C”----META BREAKER

OPENING:

Hey guys, Yiannis is speaking Very Happy The article I am writing is about a new card that has been introduced by the Ancient Prophecy pack and that it is going to be the “Meta- Breaking card #2”, after Thunder King Rai-Oh. A card that all Anti-Meta players or Synchro haters will fall in love with! Read the article to find out more!

INTRODUCTION:

Finally the Ancient Prophecy Pack has been released on TCG. We got many support cards for the X-Saber and Blackwing archetypes. I was surfing on the net and I have been taking a look at the new cards that have been introduced by Ancient Prophecy. A card caught my attention. This card was:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[b]Shiny Black “C”
Insect/Effect
Earth
LEVEL 1
Atk/200 Def/500
ANPR-24

When 1 Synchro Monster is Special Summoned to your opponent's side of the field, you can remove from play this card from your Graveyard to destroy that 1 Synchro Monster.

Just read its effect! Isn’t it cool? It can kill ANY Synchro monster while it is in the Graveyard, plus it can destroy Synchros, not only when they are Synchro Summoned, but also when they are Special Summoned! So Shiny Black “C” can also destroy Synchro monsters that have been Special Summoned by Call of the Haunted (unbanned for the following format), Mezuki (when he revives a Zombie Synchro monster, such as Doomkaiser Dragon and Revived King Ha-Des), Colossal Fighter, (when he gets destroyed by battle and revives himself) or even Synchros that have been Special Summoned by the effect of Blackwing-Vayu the Emblem of Honour. One of the reasons Shiny Black “C” is going to see competitive play is that some of the decks can’t afford to run Royal Oppression, simply because it might block them with their Special Summons, so Shiny Black “C” can take the place of Royal Oppression in special summon-heavy decks.

HOW CAN WE USE SHINY BLACK "C" EFFECTIVELY ?

Every deck that discards or mills, benefits from this card. In a deck that has many cards that require a discard cost such asLightning Vortex, Phoenix Wing Wind Blast, Karma Cut etc. or mills very fast, you should splash at least 2 copies of Shiny Black "C". Speaking of milling and discarding, this card SCREAMS to be combined with Lightsworns, Perfect Circle and Zombies! How are they going to get combined? Just take a look at the following decks.

DECKS:

Lightsworns with Shiny Black “C”:

DECK TOTAL: 45 Cards (They are Lightsworns :P)

MONSTERS: 27

X1 Aurkus, Lightsworn Druid
X1 Blackwing-Gale the Whirlwind
X2 Celestia, Lightsworn Angel
X1 Ehren, Lightsworn Monk
X1 Garoth, Lightsworn Warrior
X3 Honest
X1 Jain, Lightsworn Paladin
X2 Judgment Dragon
X3 Lumina, Lightsworn Summoner
X2 Lyla, Lightsworn Sorceress
X3 Necro Gardna
X2 Ryko, Lightsworn Hunter
X2 Shiny Black “C”
X3 Wulf, Lightsworn Beast

SPELLS: 15

X3 Charge of the Light Brigade
X2 Foolish Burial
X1 Giant Trunade
X1 Heavy Storm
X1 Lightning Vortex
X2 Monster Reincarnation
X1 Mystical Space Typhoon
X1 Pot of Avarice
X3 Solar Recharge

TRAPS: 3

X3 Royal Decree

EXTRA: 15

X1 Chimeratech Fortress Dragon
X14 Synchros of your choice

Here’s the Lightsworn deck with Shiny Black “C”. Just mill, till you send Shiny Black “C” to the Graveyard. Then play your casual Lightsworn strategies without being afraid if your opponent is going to Synchro Summon next turn.

Perfect Circle with Shiny Black “C”

DECK TOTAL: 42 Cards

MONSTERS: 20

x1 Blackwing-Gale the Whirlwind
X3 Caius the Shadow Monarch
X1 Cyber Dragon
X1 Dark Armed Dragon
X1 Destiny Hero-Dasher
X2 Destiny Hero-Defender
X2 Destiny Hero-Malicious
X1 Elemental Hero Stratos
X1 Gravekeeper’s Guard
X2 Gravekeeper’s Spy
X3 Raiza, the Storm Monarch
X2 Shiny Black “C”

SPELLS: 13

X2 Allure of Darkness
X1 Brain Control
X3 Destiny Draw
X1 Foolish Burial
X1 Heavy Storm
X1 Lightning Vortex
X1 Reinforcement of the Army
X2 Soul Exchange

TRAPS: 9

X2 Bottomless Trap Hole
X1 Call of the Haunted
X1 Mirror Force
X2 Phoenix Wing Wind Blast
X1 Solemn Judgment
X1 Torrential Tribute
X1 Trap Dustshoot

EXTRA: 15

X14 Synchros of your choice

This is a more controlish deck, comparing to the Lightsworn build. Gravekeepers provide tributes, Destiny Heroes with Elemental Hero Stratos, Reinforcement of the Army, Destiny Draw and Allure of Darkness give speed to the deck by thinning it and raise the chances of drawing a Monarch or a Shiny Black “C” you need, to control your opponent and win the game. Just discard Shiny Black “C” with Lightning Vortex or Phoenix Wing Wind Blast or send it to the Graveyard, by using Foolish Burial. Then start playing your Perfect Circle deck normally, without being afraid of a Synchro monster being summoned next turn Smile

Zombies with Shiny Black “C”

DECK TOTAL: 41 Cards

MONSTERS: 20
X2 Armageddon Knight
X1 Blackwing-Gale the Whirlwind
X2 Breaker the Magical Warrior
X1 Chaos Sorcerer
X1 Cyber Dragon
X1 Dark Armed Dragon
X2 Goblin Zombie
X2 Mezuki
X1 Plaguespreader Zombie
X2 Ryko, Lightsworn Hunter
X2 Shiny Black “C”
X3 Zombie Master

SPELLS: 13

X2 Allure of Darkness
X2 Book of Life
X1 Brain Control
X2 Burial from a Different Dimension
X2 Foolish Burial
X1 Heavy Storm
X1 Lightning Vortex
X1 Mind Control

TRAPS: 8

X2 Bottomless Trap Hole
X1 Call of the Haunted
X1 Mirror Force
X2 Phoenix Wing Wind Blast
X1 Solemn Judgment
X1 Torrential Tribute

EXTRA:

X1 Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Boundary
X13 Synchros of your choice

One of my favourite decks. A Zombie-Engine Synchro deck with Shiny Black “C” and LIGHT fodders for Chaos Sorcerer. Use Mezuki, Book of Life or Zombie Master to revive Plaguespreader Zombie and Synchro Summon. Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Boundary, Lightning Vortex and Phoenix Wing Wind Blast can help you by discarding Zombies you want in Grave or Shiny Black “C”, while they can effectively clean the field, to go for an OTK. Armageddon Knight can dump Plaguespreader Zombie to grave. Foolish Burial can dump Mezuki, Plaguespreader Zombie or Shiny Black “C” to grave and the same Burial from a Different Dimension that will return a removed Mezuki or Plaguespreader Zombie to grave, can also return a removed Shiny Black “C” to Grave for more protection against the opponent’s Synchro summons.

Those where only 3 of the MANY decks that Shiny Black “C” can be splashed. There are MANY more decks that Shiny Black “C” can be splashed in, but I am afraid that I will need 6 pages or more, to describe them all :P

CLOSING AND SOME LAST THOUGHTS:

Anyways, in my opinion Shiny Black “C” raises all the decks that it’s splashed in, to the next level. Every deck that includes this card can destroy even the most powerful Synchro engines, like Zombie and Blackwing Synchro engines. No doubt that Shiny Black “C” will be mained or sided by a lot of people, during this format.

THE END !!!

Hope you liked it and had a good read Smile

kiryu111

kiryu111
Adminstrator
Adminstrator

Really nice article, wow, maybe i should try some of mentioned decks Smile

Simon

Simon
Adminstrator
Adminstrator

Wow super job Yiannis cool im synchro hater if its agesnt me and lover if its on my side i might try something like this ^^

http://www.dadacademy.net

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum