Dark Armed Dragon Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Small article about Priority

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Small article about Priority Empty Small article about Priority Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:59 am

Simon

Simon
Adminstrator
Adminstrator

Hi , I'm here with a new article i wrote before a little while when i was bored it's not that good but meh here it is

Priority

For bigginers this might be really hard to
understand what is Priority, so in this article I’m going to try explain
Priority.

Priority is simply the player’s right to
activate his/her summoned monster’s effect before opponent can play any traps
responding to the succesful summon like Bottomless Trap Hole , Trap Hole and
etc but you don’t have the right to call Priority if you’re opponent negates
the summoning of your monster with Solemn Judgment or other similler cards. You
can call Priority only with Optional effect monsters it’s not like you summon
Caius The Shadow Monarch and say Prioity then your opponent will be like this
O_O that’s it if he undersatand’s what is Prioirty, Caius The Shadow Monarch
has a Mandatory/Trigger effect witch means it is must resolve effect. Also the
same with Mobious The Frost Monarch witch it has Optional Trigger effect but
still you can’t call Priority.

Ill try to give some examples

Player 1 : Has 3 Dark attribute monsters in their graveyard he/she summons Dark Armed Dragon.
Player 2 : Has no respond to the summoning so the summon is succesful.
Player 1 : Calls priority removes 1 Dark attribute monster from their graveyard as a cost for Dark Armed Dragon’s effect and target a card on the field to be destroyed.
Player 2 : Can play their Bottomless Trap Hole or such stuff witch will remove Dark Armed Dragon from the field to the RFG and then Dark Armed Dragon’s effect resolve destroying the selected card.

Also it can be something like this

Player 1 : Has face up Dark Armed Dragon he she summons Thunder King Rai-Oh ( It has no Priority).
Player 2 : Has nothing to respond for the summon so the summon is succesful.
Player 1 : Can call Prioirty with Dark Armed Dragon! Removing 1 Dark Attribute monster from the graveyard as a cost and targeting 1 card on the field
Player 2 : Can play their Trap Hole or Botttomless Trap Hole to destroy Thunder King Rai-Oh

Um ill give you some examples from Wikia.

Player
A has a face-up "[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]". He sets a face-down "[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]", and ends his turn.

Player B [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] "[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]".
Player B, now being the turn player, says he wishes to retain his priority to activate the effect of "[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]". "[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]"'s [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] then activates, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] "[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]". "[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]"'s effect is now [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] 1. Player A then activates his "[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]", since the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] of "[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]" was the last action to have [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] on the field. "[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]" is now [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] 2.

The[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] now resolves in reverse:

Always remember that Monster Effects, unless they specify otherwise, can have their effects resolved without being present on the field.

Now take the same scenario, but instead of "[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]", we can use "[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]" as the example.
The resolution of this chain works as follows:

Yet another fine example of priority can be
seen in this example:

Player A ends his turn with a [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] "[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]" and a set "[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]".
Player B [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] "[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]". Since "[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]" has an [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], Player B can use priority to activate its effect, which becomes [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] 1. However, the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] of "[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]"'s effect is to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] itself. Since costs are mandatory to activate a card (not [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] the effect), the cost
of "[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]" is immediately carried out. "[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]" is removed from the field, and Player A's "[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]" will no longer have a monster to resolve its effect for.

Some monsters the you can call Priority with….

1- Dark Armed Dragon
2- Chaos Sorcerer
3- Judgment Dragon
4- Gale
5- The Dark Creator
6- Lyla, LS
7- Diamond Dude
8- Cyber Valley
9- Neo-Specian Dark Panther
10- Cross Porter
11- Elemental Hero Prisma
12- The Creator
13- Lonefire Blossom
14- Tragoedia
15- Dimensional Alchemist
16- Zombie Master

And so on there are a lot of Monsters I just don’t know them at the moment

Well I guess I finished my little article I hope it helped some people to understand about Priority or Prio Very Happy

http://www.dadacademy.net

2Small article about Priority Empty Re: Small article about Priority Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:46 pm

MUFC

MUFC
Level 1 Slifer
Level 1 Slifer

That's really complex,but is veru useful,good article DAD,8/10.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum