Dark Armed Dragon Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gravekeeper's Judgment

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Gravekeeper's Judgment Empty Gravekeeper's Judgment Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:13 am

Darenous

Darenous
Level 1 Obelisk
Level 1 Obelisk

Running a deck of 40 cards here, Gravekeeper's themed and one of my favorite decks.
KCVDS version.

Monsters: 18

1x Jinzo
1x Breaker the Magical Warrior
2x GK Chief
2x GK Commander
3x GK Spear Soldier
2x GK Assailant
3x GK Spy
2x GK Guard
1x Night Assailant
1x A Cat of Ill Omen

Spells: 12
3x Necrovalley
2x Terraforming
1x Swords of Revealing Light
1x Mystical Space Typhoon
1x Smashing Ground
2x Magical Dimension
2x Royal Tribute

Traps: 10
1x Judgement of Anubis
1x Mirror Force
1x Torrential Tribute
1x Bottomless Trap Hole
3x Rite of Spirit
2x Solemn Judgment
1x Dust Tornado

Any suggestions n fixes are welcome.

2Gravekeeper's Judgment Empty Re: Gravekeeper's Judgment Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:16 am

Bertha

Bertha
Level 1 Obelisk
Level 1 Obelisk

Okay. Gravekeeper's are meant to be an anti-meta deck, at least the way most people play them. I would take out a Royal Tribute, since Necrovalley isn't always going to be on the field and it's a dead draw in most scenarios. Put in a Lightning Vortex in for it. It's GK's Commanant not Commander just so you know. But, yeah, that's a good card. Second.. your traps need a lot of work, specifically, taking out some. Judgment of Anubis is a horrible card. Same with the Tornado. So here're my fixes.

-1 Jinzo
-1 GK's Spear Soldier
-1 A Cat of Ill Omen
+1 Spirit Reaper
+1 Snipe Hunter
+1 GK's Guard
-1 Royal Tribute
-1 Judgment of Anubis
-1 Rite of Spirit
-1 Dust Tornado
+1 Lightning Vortex
+1 Fissure
+1 Solemn Judgment
+1 Crush Card Virus

This will give you more flexibility and a more defensive trap set-up. Considering most of your monsters aren't at all hard to get out, using Dust Tornado to get rid of S/T like Mirror Force, isn't really a big deal. Also, Solemn takes care of that. 3 Rites of Spirit is excessive, and is a dead draw early game. Also, most GKs have Flip Effects, so it doesn't really work IMO. You could run GK Burn running excessive amounts of Rite of Spirit and GK Curse. But that's banned by the academy. Looks like a good start. Also... on another note, Judgment of Anubis? You're running 7 ways to get Necrovalley. You DON'T need to protect it.

Other cards for you to consider.

1 Dark Creator
1 Dark Nephthys
3 Mystic Tomato
3 GK Curse (For SS w/ Spy or Rite of Spirit)

https://www.youtube.com/realdizzleman22

3Gravekeeper's Judgment Empty Re: Gravekeeper's Judgment Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:29 pm

Darenous

Darenous
Level 1 Obelisk
Level 1 Obelisk

I'm not running it specifically as an anti-meta deck, because that would mean it's less resilient to original decks or whatever you might encounter on KCVDS. I'm running Cat to get Rite of Spirit or Dust Tornado back fast or any other what the situation requires.

Judgment of Anubis is a horrible card. Same with the Tornado.
Sorry, but because of my Traps and Necrovally I don't run a Heavy Storm, so Dust Tornado and MST will have to do. Judgment of Anubis is underrated. It's a counter, stops S/T destruction, kills a monster and burns your opponent with the attack of it.

About Royal Tribute, I too thought it to be a bad card, but that's why I'm running 3 Rite of Spirits and a Cat for the optional function of getting one. It does dmg to my hand, but also my opponent. Difference is I get to recover. How often haven't I killed a Space Mole whatever it's called, sent a monster back with GK Guard and keep it away with RT, make sure there are more than just 3 DARKs in the GY for DAD. It's quite a nice card in this deck.

Also, most GKs have Flip Effects, so it doesn't really work IMO.
9 out of 14 Rite of Spirit targets are beat sticks, I'm also basically more attacking than defending so trading my main attacker in for a Guard doesn't seem that good of a choice really.

4Gravekeeper's Judgment Empty Re: Gravekeeper's Judgment Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:35 pm

Bertha

Bertha
Level 1 Obelisk
Level 1 Obelisk

It would seem like a good choice if a Jinzo came out, to put it that way. Also anti-LaDD, anti-DaD, and.... so on... Jinzo fucks up your deck, to say it bluntly. Guard is a great tech card.. and you can set it, opponents attack into it, lose LP, get bounced, and boom, opp. loses 1500 or 1000 depending on whether or not Necrovalley's out. Also... it's another CCV target.

5Gravekeeper's Judgment Empty Re: Gravekeeper's Judgment Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:29 pm

Darenous

Darenous
Level 1 Obelisk
Level 1 Obelisk

Alright I guess I missed seeing it like that. I'll trade in my Jinzo for a Guard and one Terraforming for a CCV I suppose.

6Gravekeeper's Judgment Empty Re: Gravekeeper's Judgment Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:04 pm

Bertha

Bertha
Level 1 Obelisk
Level 1 Obelisk

I'm glad i could help in some way or another. =D.

7Gravekeeper's Judgment Empty Re: Gravekeeper's Judgment Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:37 pm

Dinoxer

Dinoxer
Level 1 Obelisk
Level 1 Obelisk

U have too many ways to get necrovalley? take away tera forming...add in field barrier as Gravekeeper's Decks tend to be weak at higher levels unless external support or non-Gravekeeper monsters are used. Their intense reliance upon Necrovalley make them very vulnerable to opponents who enjoy using Spell and Trap destroying effects, so cards to protect it (like Field Barrier) and traps that can help the player maintain an advantage over a stronger opponent are highly recommended.

https://www.youtube.com/user/daniel945656

8Gravekeeper's Judgment Empty Re: Gravekeeper's Judgment Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:00 pm

Bertha

Bertha
Level 1 Obelisk
Level 1 Obelisk

Field Barrier isn't in KCVDS 1.15. Also, Field Barrier wastes valuable deck space, because the deck doesn't rely on Necrovalley. How do GKs "intensely rely" on Valley? Many GK cards are used in decks w/o Necrovalley in it. I admit, Necrovalley is important for better stats and offense (for Gravekeepers) but it's not absolutely essential-if it's destroyed, it's not the end of the world.

9Gravekeeper's Judgment Empty Re: Gravekeeper's Judgment Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:19 am

Darenous

Darenous
Level 1 Obelisk
Level 1 Obelisk

Field Barrier isn't in KCVDS 1.15. Also, Field Barrier wastes valuable deck space, because the deck doesn't rely on Necrovalley. How do GKs "intensely rely" on Valley? Many GK cards are used in decks w/o Necrovalley in it. I admit, Necrovalley is important for better stats and offense (for Gravekeepers) but it's not absolutely essential-if it's destroyed, it's not the end of the world.
I would've say it myself, but that'd be double. TehMrBeisbol hits it on the spot.
Besides, it's this deck that is becoming quite anti-meta and can even survive a Jinzo assault which could mean disaster to some decks (or not don't shoot me if I'm wrong, just some bad experiences). In most cases of it being anti-meta it's true that it's intensely reliant on Necrovalley though. But there are the Solemn Judgment, and Judgment of Anubis for and 1 Terraforming, 2 Commandants, 3 Valleys to get them. Although I'm beginning to see TehMrBeisbol's view on Anubis.. it only works if Necrovalley gets destroyed by a Spell. And your opponent might not always have a monster, and I hate throwing away cards. So I might change Anubis into a third Solemn.
Changes so far:

Jinzo -> GK Guard
Terraforming -> Crush Card Virus
Royal Tribute -> Lightning Vortex
Judgment of Anubis -> Solemn Judgment

I'm a theme addict and so I think I'll not throw in a Spirit Reaper and Snipe Hunter, TehMrBeisbol, but most of your other suggestions I answered with reasons why they're in or changed. However, I'd like to stick with 3 Rites of Spirit, as Commandant is just a 2100 card when NV is on the field, and it's thrown away, I have 1 Royal Tribute left and a Lightning Vortex now. I like swarming and would like to keep it that way. Smile

10Gravekeeper's Judgment Empty Re: Gravekeeper's Judgment Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:32 pm

Bertha

Bertha
Level 1 Obelisk
Level 1 Obelisk

Awesome. Care to hit me up with your MSN, so we can discuss some more?

11Gravekeeper's Judgment Empty Re: Gravekeeper's Judgment Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:33 am

Darenous

Darenous
Level 1 Obelisk
Level 1 Obelisk

I suppose this topic can be closed Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum