Dark Armed Dragon Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Loto's Deck Analysis #2 (Six Samurai)

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Loto's Deck Analysis #2 (Six Samurai) Empty Loto's Deck Analysis #2 (Six Samurai) Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:00 pm

Loto Drandel

Loto Drandel
Adminstrator
Adminstrator

Sup guys? Loto Drandel here once again with another deck analysis for you; this time, I will be covering a deck that has been around since the GX era and has evolved through time under the 5Ds and Zexal eras: Six Samurai

For the first part, I am going to list some the ORIGINAL Six Samurai cards for those who weren't into the game at that time; some of them I will go over as well:

Six Samurai - Zanji
Six Samurai - Yariza
Six Samurai - Yaichi
Six Samurai - Nishashi
Six Samurai - Kamon
Six Samurai - Irou
Grandmaster of the Six Samurai
Great Shogun Shien
Six Samurai United
Cunning of the Six Samurai
Double Edged Sword Technique
Swiftstrike Armor
Swift Samurai Storm
Shien's Castle in the Mist
That is just a fair number of the Six Samurai cards that had debuted in the GX era. Being first introduced in Strike of Neos, this archetype was ORIGINALLY used in an aggro deck; now for info on some of these cards

Six Samurai United:
Each time a Six Samurai monster(s) is normal or special summoned, place 1 Bushido Counter on this card (max: 2). You can send this card to the graveyard to draw cards for each Bushido Counter that was on this card.
---That's just the rough summary of the text, but it's pretty much explained...this card was what gave the deck its draw power back then...still very useful though as it still serves as the draw power in modern day Six Sams

Grandmaster of the Six Samurai:
If you control a face-up Six Samurai monster, you can special summon this card from your hand. You can only control 1 face-up Grandmaster of the Six Samurai. When this card is destroyed by your opponent's card effect: Target 1 Six Samurai monster in your Graveyard: Add that target to your hand.
---Another great card that was introduced in Strike of Neos. This guy IMO has become even more dangerous with its effect to a degree. For example, it's a good way to waste an opponents traps or effects to stop it due to its recycle ability; what makes it so is that it can target itself, so it can make another round (though I'm sure most smart players won't waste a Solemn Warning, Torrential Tribute, or some other destruction card on Grandmaster, but you never know lol)

Great Shogun Shien:
If you control 2 or more face-up Six Samurai monsters, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand). Your opponent can only activate 1 Spell/Trap Card each turn. If this card would be destroyed, you can destroy a face-up "Six Samurai" monster you control instead.
---This guy was considered the "boss" of the Six Samurai back in the day. Also introduced in Strike of Neos, Shien was a very powerful Six Samurai ally of sorts due to his effect. He doesn't see much of any play now, but back then, he was a very decent card option; but he could still be viable, depending on your playstyle.

Six Samurai - Yaichi:
Once per turn: You can target 1 Set Spell/Trap Card; destroy that target. You must control a face-up "Six Samurai" monster with a different name to activate and to resolve this effect. This card cannot declare an attack during the turn this effect is activated. If this card would be destroyed, you can destroy another face-up "Six Samurai" monster you control instead.
---The MST of set Spell/Trap cards for the Six Samurai back in the day; his opposite was Six Samurai - Kamon, who was the face-up MST...

As you may have noticed, Shien and Yaichi's effects have this similarity
"If this card would be destroyed, you can destroy another face-up "Six Samurai" monster you control instead."
That is because this effect is shared by all the original Six Samurai (Zanji (kills anything it battles), Irou (face-down monster killer), Nisashi (the double attacker), Yariza (the direct attacker), Kamon, and Yaichi; this effect is also carried by Shien and LSS Shi-En.

Now to talk about the Six Samurai cards from 5Ds on up to now

Gateway of the Six:
Each time a "Six Samurai" monster(s) is Normal or Special Summoned, place 2 Bushido Counters on this card. You can remove Bushido Counters from your side of the field to activate these effects.
● 2 Counters: Target 1 face-up "Six Samurai" or "Shien" Effect Monster; that target gains 500 ATK until the End Phase.
● 4 Counters: Add 1 "Six Samurai" monster from your Deck or Graveyard to your hand.
● 6 Counters: Target 1 "Shien" Effect Monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon that target.
---This card is currently Limited due to its dangerous abilities. When this card was at 3 and Shi-En at 3, Six Samurai were Tier 0 and broken as @%$# so it's not hard to see why both Shi-En and Gateway took a hit (Shi-En being Limited as well)

Shien's Smoke Signal: Add 1 Level 3 or lower "Six Samurai" monster from your Deck to your hand.
---The searcher of the deck, along with Reinforcement of the Army (Level 4 Warrior searcher which works as a Shien's Smoke Signal as well) helps set up swarming capabilities and mass synchro/Xyz possibilities

Legendary Six Samurai - Kizan:
If you control a face-up "Six Samurai" monster with a different name, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand). While you control 2 or more other face-up "Six Samurai" monsters, this card gains 300 ATK and DEF.
---The lower level/younger version of Grandmaster. Useful due to the Special Summoning capability and being Level 4 (RotA searchable)

Legendary Six Samurai - Kageki:
When this card is Normal Summoned: You can Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower "Six Samurai" monster from your hand. While you control a face-up "Six Samurai" monster with a different name, this card gains 1500 ATK.
---This samurai helps start things off with a possible Turn 1 Shi-En (special summon Kagemusha). The possible extra 1500 ATK is a nice touch, but its defense is great as well.

Kagemusha of the Six Samurai:
During either player's turn, when exactly 1 face-up "Six Samurai" monster you control is targeted by a Spell Card, Trap Card, or card effect that could have targeted this card: You can activate this effect; that Spell/Trap/effect now targets this face-up card on the field, instead.
---Effect isn't all that great, but it's a Tuner, which makes it vital for the deck to function. 1800 Defense isn't too shabby either

Elder of the Six Samurai:
If your opponent controls a monster and you control no monsters, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand).
---The Cyber Dragon of Six Samurai. Need I say more?

Asceticism of the Six Samurai:
Select 1 face-up "Six Samurai" monster you control. Special Summon 1 "Six Samurai" monster from your Deck with a different name but equal ATK to the selected monster. During the End Phase of this turn, destroy the selected monster.
---Easy Sync/Xyz waiting to happen. Combo Example: Elder-Asceticism for Kagemusha for Shi-En/Nat Beast; Mizuho-Asceticism for Hand of the Six Samurai for monster destruction or Xyz.

Hand of the Six Samurai:
If you control another face-up "Six Samurai" monster: You can Tribute 1 "Six Samurai" monster to target 1 monster on the field; destroy that target.
---Great card for helping take out OP monsters that you can't take down in a fight

Shien's Dojo:
Each time a "Six Samurai" monster(s) is Normal or Special Summoned, place 1 Bushido Counter on this card. You can send this card to the Graveyard; Special Summon 1 "Six Samurai" or "Shien" Effect Monster from your Main Deck, whose Level is less than or equal to the number of Bushido Counters on this card.
---The Asceticism version of Six Samurai United/Gateway (kinda)

Legendary Six Samurai - Shi-En:
1 Warrior-Type Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner "Six Samurai" monsters
Once per turn, during either player's turn, when your opponent activates a Spell/Trap Card: You can negate the activation, and if you do, destroy it. If this card would be destroyed, you can destroy another face-up "Six Samurai" monster you control instead.
---The "boss" of the Six Samurai. This guy's effect really makes things rough on your opponent as long as he has the right support.

That's the Six Samurai main portion, so now I'm going to talk about the cards that are awesome supporters in the deck

Naturia Beast:
1 EARTH Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner EARTH monsters
During either player's turn, when a Spell Card is activated: You can send the top 2 cards of your Deck to the Graveyard; negate the activation, and if you do, destroy it. This card must be face-up on the field to activate and to resolve this effect.
---Very annoying in his own right. Being able to negate Spells makes it easier on Shi-En because then he can focus on negating Traps.

Naturia Barkion:
During either player's turn, when a Trap Card is activated: You can banish 2 cards from your Graveyard; negate the activation, and if you do, destroy it. This card must be face-up on the field to activate and to resolve this effect.
---The crazy counterpart of Beast, and I say crazy due to its vast usefulness; since Traps are usually used more often than Spells (from what I've seen), this Synchro is more devastating as long as you got the cost to keep splashing his effect to negate Traps, allowing Shi-En to focus on Spells

Naturia Landoise:
While this card is face-up on the field, you can send 1 Spell Card from your hand to the Graveyard to negate the activation of an Effect Monster's effect, and destroy that Effect Monster.
---The Effect Veiler of the Naturia trio

The Naturia monsters as you may know require Earth Tuners and Earth non-tuner materials; Six Samurai ABUSE them due to having Earth monsters of the levels to make them (Level 2 Kagemusha as the Tuner, Level 3 Elder, Level 4 Kizan, Level 5 Grandmaster)

Now for some of the Xyz that are viable

Blade Armor Ninja - Requires 2 Level 4 Warriors; Once per turn, detaches 1 Xyz Material to target a ninja (itself) to attack twice each Battle Phase for this turn. Potential OTK

Heroic Champion Excalibur -
Requires 2 Level 4 Warriors; Once per turn, detaches both Xyz materials for double its Original ATK that turn (4000 beatstick with effect)

Heroic Champion Gandiva -
Requires 2 Level 4 Warriors; Once per turn, if a Level 4 or lower monster(s) is special summoned to your opponent's side of the field (except during damage step), detach 1 Xyz material to destroy that special summoned monster(s).

Well, that's all for this deck analysis. I hope you enjoyed this article even though I am sure it was a LOT of information. Feel free to rate and comment on it.

Last edited by Loto Drandel on Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:52 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : reorganized/revised)

SpiTFire96

SpiTFire96
Adminstrator
Adminstrator

Nice article, I'd advise using card artwork to break up the text though, maybe paragraph more. Also emoticons can be a bit out of place and unprofessional in articles, in my opinion.

Loto Drandel

Loto Drandel
Adminstrator
Adminstrator

SpiTFire96 wrote:Nice article, I'd advise using card artwork to break up the text though, maybe paragraph more. Also emoticons can be a bit out of place and unprofessional in articles, in my opinion.

lol didn't have a lot of time to get this article down (laptop almost dead) and promised an article before today was done, trust me I normally do better than this XD but I'll try editing it tomorrow to make it better

SpiTFire96

SpiTFire96
Adminstrator
Adminstrator

The core of it's good man, I will admit.
Speaking of which, I'm planning on having an article done on SalvoDAD and maybe Constellars by the end of the weekend

Loto Drandel

Loto Drandel
Adminstrator
Adminstrator

topic reorganized/revised...leave feedback and rate it if you like

darkness evil

darkness evil
Assistant
Assistant

Gateway should be banned thats all i have to say

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]