Dark Armed Dragon Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Regionals Deck

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Regionals Deck Empty Regionals Deck Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:29 am

Anonymous

Decklist:
Monsters 18
1 Elemental Hero Stratos
3 Gladiator Beast Bestiari
3 Gladiator Beast Laquari
2 Gladiator Beast Darius
2 Gladiator Beast Murmillo
2 Elemental Hero Prisma
2 Test Tiger
1 Neo-Spacian Grand Mole
1 Gladiator Beast Hoplomus
1 Sangan

Spells 9
1 Gladiator Proving Ground
1 Heavy Storm
1 Mystical Space Typhoon
1 Monster Reborn
1 Swords of Revealing Light
2 Shrink
2 Cold Wave

Traps 13
3 Solemn Judgment
2 Bottomless Trap Hole
2 Waboku
1 Black Horn of Heaven
1 Mirror Force
1 Torrential Tribute
1 Gladiator Beast War Chariot
1 Dimensional Prison
1 Compulsory Evacuation Device

Extra Deck
3 Gladiator Beast Gyzarus
2 Gladiator Beast Heraklinos
2 Stardust Dragon
2 Thought Ruler Archfiend
1 Red Dragon Archfiend
1 Colossal Fighter
1 Goyo Guardian
1 Black Rose Dragon
1 Psychic Lifetrancer
1 Magical Android

Side Deck
2 Shadow-Imprisoning Mirror
2 Light-Imprisoning Mirror
1 Dust Tornado
1 Compulsory Evacuation Device
2 Book of Moon
1 D.D. Assailant
2 D.D. Crow
2 Pulling the Rug
1 Twister
1 Brain Control

This was the deck I topped Regionals with.

2Regionals Deck Empty Re: Regionals Deck Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:36 am

jacobriede

jacobriede
Level 1 Ra
Level 1 Ra

I'd drop: x1 murmillo, x1 swords, and x1 solemn for x1 test tiger, x1 equeste, x1 war chariot, and switch two shrinks in the main deck with the two shadow imprisonings in the side deck, i guarentee they'll help a lot more at a regionals ^_^

3Regionals Deck Empty Re: Regionals Deck Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:33 am

Anonymous

Our Regionals don't have much TeleDAD, though...

As for a third Test Tiger I don't have it.

I could drop Swords for a tech choice, what would you suggest?

4Regionals Deck Empty Re: Regionals Deck Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:54 am

Bertha

Bertha
Level 1 Obelisk
Level 1 Obelisk

Tech choice-hm. You could run another Lightning Vortex, in my opinion that helps for field control. i run 3x Lightning Vortex in a lot of decks and its very anti swarm and pretty effective. Very Happy.

https://www.youtube.com/realdizzleman22

5Regionals Deck Empty Re: Regionals Deck Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:26 pm

Anonymous

I don't like discarding cards with Glads but I can try it.

6Regionals Deck Empty Re: Regionals Deck Sat Dec 13, 2008 3:14 pm

Bertha

Bertha
Level 1 Obelisk
Level 1 Obelisk

Discarding is a small price when monsters are easily acceptable by tagging out, and it gives you a huge amount of field control.

7Regionals Deck Empty Re: Regionals Deck Sat Dec 13, 2008 3:31 pm

Anonymous

If I have a Bestiari in hand, I'm great because I can tag into Gyzarus easily. Everything else? A little iffy to toss.

8Regionals Deck Empty Re: Regionals Deck Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:09 pm

Bertha

Bertha
Level 1 Obelisk
Level 1 Obelisk

Hmm, one thing i think would be nice is -1 Hoplomus, +1 Equeste, because reusing Glad War Chariot essentially can be used to ruin most effect monsters. Gyzarus is great-and to assist in getting him out, i suggest Secutor +Waboku/Glad's Battle Manica/Archfiend SHield. This is great because once Secutor is attack you have a high chance at getting out Gyzarus next turn, because Secutor can tag out to two glads, meaning you will defintely be able to get out Gyzarus, unless they Bottomles/Solemn, and have a much higher chance at Heraklinos if you have the two monsters you Special Summoned with Secutor out and draw a Laquari (Which won't be too rare if you have 3). So basically, run Equeste, and run Secutor. Maybe,

-1 Hoplomus, -1 Compulsory and +1 Equeste, +1 Gladiator Beast War Chariot
+1 Secutor, -1 Prisma As for Tech cards,
+1 Lightning Vortex, -1 SORL because with Lightning Vortex you can remain on teh offensive, clear out some big threats, and get some attacks in with Weak Glads to tag out to stronger ones and get out your beatsticks.

9Regionals Deck Empty Re: Regionals Deck Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:37 pm

Anonymous

The problem is that the meta here is much different than a lot of places. It doesn't have TeleDAD in huge quantities (<5%). Let's discuss the choices:

"-1 Hoplomus, -1 Compulsory and +1 Equeste, +1 Gladiator Beast War Chariot"
Hoplomus is almost a guaranteed tag on first turn, and it turns into a Bestiari or Laquari. It's an acceptable topdeck. Compulsory gets rid of Synchro Monsters. I find Chariot to be only useful against Gadgets, Monarchs, Zombies, or Lightsworn... 35% of the meta. In addition, 2 Chariot means that if the game goes late (which I find a fair amount of games -can- do) means they are not good topdecks if I don't see either. -1 Hoplomus for +1 Equeste possibly, but remember, if they know you're a Glad Beast player and attack into face-down defense monster, they're expecting Morphing Jar, Sangan, or Hoplomus.

"+1 Secutor, -1 Prisma"
I want to abuse Gyzarus with this deck. Prisma allows me to do it by sending out of the deck instead of the hand, something that Gladiator Beasts like. I can choose either Laquari or Bestiari. In addition, if Secutor is in my hand, it is a dead draw that would be dropped for Vortex (It has to be special summoned via Glad effect to get the double tag, and if I have no Test Tigers it's pretty dead. With only two in this deck, Secutor is not that viable).

"As for Tech cards,
+1 Lightning Vortex, -1 SORL"
The only time I would want Vortex over Swords is against Six Samurai or the mirror. It slows down Lightsworns (and you want to drag Lightsworns to an endgame, or kill them quickly, but I find that slowing them down works better than the quick kill). This means I could have it in side deck but I'm not so certain about main deck. Lightning Vortex will rid me of Samurais and Glads (as long as Heraklinos is not on the field).

Counterarguments?

10Regionals Deck Empty Re: Regionals Deck Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:08 pm

Bertha

Bertha
Level 1 Obelisk
Level 1 Obelisk

Yesh-counter-arguments indeed!!

-Secutor allows you to abuse Gyzarus more by all means, by allowing you to get it out even faster by getting Secutor attacked (while having Waboku/Battle Manica) , and then tagging out to two beasts to contact into it.

-On that note i really don't like sending my glads to the Graveyard (even though this negates my argument for Lightning Vortex, for Lightning Vortex i discard bulky glads like Alexander or Spells and Traps)and if you tag Bestiari into your deck as opposed to sending it to the Graveyard, you will have more reusable S/T destruction late game when you need it.

-Good point about Compulsory, however, most viable Synchros have effects that will be activated, meaning they can be negated with War Chariot. The only reason i would run it>Compulsory is it being a metaphorical Divine Wrath (and a re-usable one at that), which is effective considering how any decent monsters (or most) are effect monsters.

-I still don't entirely see the point of Hoplomus other than to be a wall. On KCVDS i run a Heraklinos deck with no Hoplomus at all, and i have rarely found a time when i would want a Hoplomus over a Secutor with a Waboku or a Battle Manica face down or in my hand.

Peace
-TehMrBeisbol

11Regionals Deck Empty Re: Regionals Deck Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:41 pm

Anonymous

Hm, let's see...

I don't run Battle Manica. It might be OK with Waboku but I'm still concerned about the dead draw. Might test it at a locals.

In this deck, even the one Vortex doesn't have a great discard target. Alexander and Spartacus are not run in this deck.

If a Synchro hits the field, I want it to bounce back into the hand rather than have it use its effect. The only circumstance in which I would want a War Chariot is if Black Rose hits the field, and not many people tech Black Rose. In addition, Compulsory can return stuff from the field before it does damage, and if it can't, I normally have a Bottomless Trap Hole ready.

You're right, in a sense. Hoplomus makes a nice 2100/2400 wall. However, dropping Bestiari results in a tag for Gyzarus.

That's why I have it in there.

So...

Possibly -1 Hoplomus for +1 Secutor/Chariot/Equeste?

12Regionals Deck Empty Re: Regionals Deck Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:52 am

Bertha

Bertha
Level 1 Obelisk
Level 1 Obelisk

Aster Phoenix wrote:

If a Synchro hits the field, I want it to bounce back into the hand rather than have it use its effect. The only circumstance in which I would want a War Chariot is if Black Rose hits the field, and not many people tech Black Rose. In addition, Compulsory can return stuff from the field before it does damage, and if it can't, I normally have a Bottomless Trap Hole ready.

Possibly -1 Hoplomus for +1 Secutor/Chariot/Equeste?

Chariot negates effects correct? And therefore wouldn't allow the Synchro to use its effect. Correct me if i'm wrong. Also, yes, i would say -1 Hoplomus, +1 Secutor, because Chariot and Equeste go together, and no point in adding Equeste if you're only running one War Chariot.

13Regionals Deck Empty Re: Regionals Deck Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:49 am

Anonymous

The problem is that most Synchros don't have an effect until something else happens.

I unlocked this topic, we are still discussing fixes.

14Regionals Deck Empty Re: Regionals Deck Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:45 am

Bertha

Bertha
Level 1 Obelisk
Level 1 Obelisk

Yeah, Aster, for final fixes the only thing i would suggest is -1 Hoplomus, +! Secutor. Great deck man.

15Regionals Deck Empty Re: Regionals Deck Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:42 pm

Liquidkills

Liquidkills
Level 1 Obelisk
Level 1 Obelisk

nice choice of using prisma like that

16Regionals Deck Empty Re: Regionals Deck Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:31 pm

Sphinx111

Level 1 Slifer
Level 1 Slifer

nice deck =))