Dark Armed Dragon Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Doom Deck

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Doom Deck Empty Doom Deck Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:53 pm

Marcus Smith

Freshmen
Freshmen

Today I will be asking for deck fixes regarding my Doom Shaman/Fiend Deck shown below after a few quick comments.

Deck Purpose/Theme: The Object of this deck is to use Doom Shaman(DS) to special summon powerful fiends to the field to overwhelm the opposing duelist. I do this by utilizing magic cards like Swing of Memories(SOM) Supervise, and Silent Doom(SD). Syncrhros are almost an afterthought in this but Stardust Dragon can be a godsend as it practically fixes my defensive problems, but overall it's consistent and speedy. I am using the latest version of KCVDS and plan to create this deck for local play in real life.

How The Deck Has Preformed: I am happy to say quite well, roughly 7/10 matches are won, and those lost are by a narrow margin. Doom Shaman and another powerful fiend is usually on the field by the second turn, and there is rarely a time where I can't summon a fiend. Draw power is fine, though I don't really rely on it that much. Lightsworn, X-saber, and somehow Macro Cosmos has lost to the deck, but by no means am I being arrogant about it, I know this deck has room to improve.

Thoughts, Concerns, and Possible Changes: While the offense is of this deck great and when it gets going hard to stop, the defense of this deck needs work. I can't stop any traps and monsters like spirit reaper without difficulty. Also when any monster with 2500+ Attack arises It's to difficult to get rid of it, and can or will cost me game if it wasn't for snipe hunter, Gale, or Norleras which won't always be there to handle situations.

Deck List:

Monsters: 19

Doom Shaman x2
Sky Scourge Norleras x2
Phantom of Chaos x2
Dark Grepher x3
Mist Archfiend x2(Use to help avoid dead draws, synergy with Grepher)
Evocator Chevalier x2
Summoner Monk x1
Snipe Hunter x1
Blackwing - Gale The Whirlwind x1(Considering of removing for Dark Tinker/ Dark Resonator/Fiend Roar Deity Raven)
Brain Golem x1

Spells: 20

Supervise x3
Hidden Armory x3
Swing of Memories x3(Considering bringing either this or Silent Doom to 2, perhaps for Call of the Haunted)
Silent Doom x3
Hand Destruction x2(Used to ditch Norlelas, DS other fiends to get rid of dead hand)
Allure Of Darkness x1(Considering Removing)
Future Fusion x1(Considering removing/ Another method for DS or Evocator to get in grave)
Heavy Storm x1
Mystical Space Typhoon x1
Foolish Burial x1
Reinforcement of the Army x1

Traps: 1

Mirror Force x1

Fusion Deck:

Stardust Dragon x1
Goyo Guardian x1
Colossal Fighter x1
Black Brutdrago x1
Thought Ruler Archfiend x1
Super Alloy Beast Raptinus x1(Honestly future fusion for this doesn't seem worth it.)

Cards I'm considering: My Body as a Shield, Breaker the Magical Warrior, Armageddon Knight(Recently removed found them too slow) Monster Removal(!!!), Giant Trunade, Fiend Roar Deity Raven, Morphing Jar, Torrential Tribute(meh), Jinzo(this isn't actually a too bad an idea in my opinion, especially if I'm going to throw in a COTH), Compulsory Evacuation Device, Phoenix Wing Blast, Dandylion.

Final Note: As much as I love Evil Hero Malicious Edge, and he fit's the theme. It only pains me that he's not dark, I'm still debating whether or not to re-add him. Please suggest any and all cards, as long as there is a reason for them(Don't say run Celtic Guardians in three's ha ha) And thanks for any and all advice you can give.

2Doom Deck Empty Re: Doom Deck Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:23 pm

Stevenx12202

Stevenx12202
Freshmen
Freshmen

I think u should run 3 Celtic Guardians xD jk
uhh i want to duel this deck it seems..fun its deffenityly differnet but y do u have 1 trap i think u should add traps like

x2 Bottomless Trap hole
x1 Torrential Tribute
x1 Call of the haunted

so that u got more than just magic and monsters protecting u

3Doom Deck Empty Re: Doom Deck Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:13 pm

Marcus Smith

Freshmen
Freshmen

Ha trust me it is a fun deck. But more importantly it's a fun deck that wins!

Thanks for your comments and advice. The only problem I have is making room for the cards, since I find most of my spell and monsters necessary.

Perhaps this will be the best option to include the cards you suggested?

-1 Swing of Memories
-1 Allure Of Darkness
-1 Future Fusion

+1 Call Of The Haunted
+2 Bottomless Trap Hole

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum