Dark Armed Dragon Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

First Yugioh Card, First Deck and/or Favorite Memory in the World of Yugioh

+6
Chronicler200
BM Joker
Simon
Buckey
Neji
Loto Drandel
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Loto Drandel

Loto Drandel
Adminstrator
Adminstrator

I am sure everyone had to start somewhere when yugioh came out into the world...getting the cards, learning the rules, and even dueling to gain experience and get better...i am posting this to ask all who wish to answer:

What was your FIRST yugioh card you had gotten in real life?
What was the first Yugioh deck you made in real life?
What is your favorite yugioh memory?

you can answer either of them or all of them if you want, i'll start off by answering all

I got my first yugioh card when i was around 12-13, i didn't know much about it...my first card was a DDS Secret Rare Blue-Eyes White Dragon (DDS meaning Dark Duel Stories). I still have that card to this day and it is my most cherished and valuable card. Even though i got lots of cards now, that card will always be the one that got me started in this great game.

I did not start making decks for myself until about 2-3 years after i started collecting them. the first deck i made was mixed between dragons and warriors, it was very successful, but it took a LOT of retuning, dueling, and understanding to use it to the full extent of its power

My favorite yugioh memory is kinda odd. My favorite memory was my first duel, about 1-2 years after making my first deck, against someone who had been in yugioh for 2 years, I was pounded big-time, but what the guy who defeated me said was something that really lit the fire and passion under me
"Everyone must start somewhere. I was in your position when I first started. Once you get better at the game, the rulings and all the gameplay will be second nature. Victory is not really important; it's the fun you get from it. If you mix that with skills and passion, you'll be great. Until then, don't give up and keep dueling with all your heart and strength."
Since then, i never stopped dueling and i had a great time with it, even though the duels were far in between. However, they were still fun Very Happy

Well, those are my answers. What are yours? Post comments with answers to any or all of these questions Very Happy

Anonymous

Well my favorite memory on Yugioh was when i lost from my brother. It was my closest loss with him ^^ I had slifer. He didn't have anything..Just 4 cards in hand...He drew exodia... i hated my life but also in the same time i was too happy that i altmost won him ;D

Eh..it isnt good but o well ^^

Neji

Neji
Graphic Team Member
Graphic Team Member

Hmmmm my fav card...... It's between the 3 I got red eyes, dark magician, and blue eyes ^^ still have fm my red eyes is pretty beet up though Sad survived the laundry!!! XD itaped it together like 50 times ^^ the other 2 are in a safe somwere 0.o blue eyes was stolen once and I beat the living crap out of the kid ^^ first time I actually lost my temper ^^ i got them as soon as they came out all 3 decks I still have em
those were the 1st ones I got lol my 1st deck used all 3 and some
exodia pieces I had the deck
rly wasn't much but I still won a few duels ^^ I did t hve mirror force or any of that
my yugioh memory was when I first got my hands on a god and some decent spells and traps I owned alot of pplz but I just did it 4 fun ^^

Anonymous

O yea... My first card was monster reborn...I was like.. "Eh?!?! A pen in a card? I guess its not a good card" ............... Actually if i would say it now i would be crazy xD! Hm...My first deck was a little random..It was anything i had..I was calling it... "Randomness" xD

Buckey

Buckey
Level 1 Slifer
Level 1 Slifer

My first card was well actually it was five cards. Can you guess what they were? They were all five pieces of Exodia. For christmas my dad bought a total of 300 packs of Legend of the Blue-Eyes just so he could get me all five. Not to mention I had like 15 blue eyes XD.

My first deck was starter deck yugi which I also spiced up with some of the cards from LOB.

My best memory had to be my first regional tournament where I won using my exodia deck. I was so happy and plus I got a rare Celtic Guardian and Gate Guardian out of it. I still have both cards to this day.

Neji

Neji
Graphic Team Member
Graphic Team Member

Lol actually technically my 1st card was red eyes ^^ then the rest followed

I got my exodia prices from EBAY!!! XD cost me $4

Simon

Simon
Adminstrator
Adminstrator

When I was new the game was also kinda old not much monarchs and so around 2 years ago my fav card was Summoned Skull Very Happy Like every other beginner thinking of it's high attack lol

http://www.dadacademy.net

BM Joker

BM Joker
Level 1 Obelisk
Level 1 Obelisk

well my first deck was a pegasus starter deck xD and my fav card was Blue eyes white dragon and it still is my fav card Very Happy well the funny memories are: almost everyone in my class was collecting yugioh cards,but no one knew the rules of yugioh and every day at the school we dueled with so many wrong rulings like summoning lvl 5 monsters without tributing and etc... xD everyone had bad cards in his deck,well it was just fun Very Happy

Chronicler200

Chronicler200
Level 1 Slifer
Level 1 Slifer

My favorite card and still is the Blue Eyes White Dragon. Though I never started a real life deck I remember watching LK's (Little Kuriboh) Yu-gi-oh the abriged series for the first time after I had finished watching a few parts of the first three seasons of regular Yu-gi-oh. After that I couldn't take the regular series seriously anymore. I still qoute LK's abridged series, well not often but sometimes.

http://www.safegaurd.deviantart.com

SpiTFire96

SpiTFire96
Adminstrator
Adminstrator

Ok well my first yugioh card... well i had 2, 1st metal dragon and also Polymerization from the first pack of yugioh

First deck... Well my first deck was chimeratech OTK, made it when i was 10 and it trashed every local, beating 30 something year olds is a nice feeling

Favorite memory... Oh this is a tough one... Probably in the slifer tournament that got me dorm leader spot when i thought i was gonna lose badly but i won 2-0 with my d hero salvo OTK deck which was around 3 formats and 8 months ago ^_^

death-coder

death-coder
Freshmen
Freshmen

lol this brings back some memories ....

my first ygo card card was about 4 years ago and it was mobius, i got it in my first booster pack and i was lucky to have a super rare card ...

my first deck was a rfg deck ... i used d.d crows and macro cosmos ...

my best mem was ... hmmm ... yea a pretty tough one ... well i can say when i re-downloaded kcvds and started playing it again ( about october 2009 ) ... ^^ till than i wasnt playin ygo anymore since 2 years lol

http://whattheydonotwantyoutoknow.com/

LilyAzz

LilyAzz
Level 1 Obelisk
Level 1 Obelisk

My first Deck i loved was Fairy Lily Old School Very Happy

america

Level 1 Slifer
Level 1 Slifer

the sad thing about me is that i have never had a card a deck of my own
i have never even touched a yugioh card Sad
this brought me bad memories Sad