Dark Armed Dragon Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Storm of Ragnarok pt. 2

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Storm of Ragnarok pt. 2 Empty Storm of Ragnarok pt. 2 Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:28 am

Loto Drandel

Loto Drandel
Adminstrator
Adminstrator

I promised to make a second part to this, and here it is. Very Happy I will continue to talk about cards that are to come with its release

The first card for me to talk about is a new member of the Resonator family

Barrier Resonator
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
During either player's turn, you can send this card from your hand to the Graveyard to select 1 face-up Tuner monster you control. This turn, that monster cannot be destroyed by battle, and you take no Battle Damage from battles involving that monster.

This is a very interesting card in its own right. Being able to send this card to pull a Waboku on 1 face-up tuner monster you control. It's a handy way to preserve a tuner for any combos that you have in mind revolving around it. Furthermore, being a tuner itself, it can be used for low to medium level synchro summons. I would give this card a 8/10 for its versatility. All around card with good effect Smile Enough said.

Next is a card that is a member of the Six Samurai family.

Legendary Six Samurai - Kizan
If you control a face-up "Six Samurai" monster, except "Legendary Six Samurai - Kizan", you can Special Summon this card from your hand. While you control 2 or more other face-up "Six Samurai" monsters, this card gains 300 ATK and DEF.

This a very interesting Six Samurai monster. Being able to pull a Grandmaster-like effect while being able to gain 300 ATK and DEF if there are 2 other Six Samurai monsters face-up is a very good combo setter for cards such as Grandmaster himself and Great Shogun Shien for those who plan to keep using him. I give this card a 8.5/10 for its effect, level (which is 4 stars), and decent strength Very Happy

The next card on the list is a member of the Aesir set that, in my opinion, can be stronger than the one I mentioned in the previous article.

Thor, Lord of the Aesir
1 "Nordic Beast" Tuner + 2 or more non-Tuner monsters
Once per turn, you can negate the effects of all face-up monsters your opponent controls, until the End Phase. During the End Phase, if this face-up card on the field is destroyed by your opponent's card (either by battle or by card effect) and sent to the Graveyard this turn, you can remove from play 1 "Nordic Beast" Tuner monster from your Graveyard to Special Summon this card from the Graveyard. When it is Special Summoned by this effect, inflict 800 damage to your opponent.

Now here is a card that can make mincemeat of your opponents face-up effect monsters. With a high ATK stat to go with its deadly effects, this card can be a dangerous foe to those who stand against it. Overall this card gets a 10/10 for its strong effect, high ATK stat, and reasonable requirements for its level.

The last card for me to talk about is a member of the Karakuri set that can be more dangerous than its predecessor, depending on the situation at hand.

Karakuri Great Shogun Bureido
1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner Machine-Type monsters
When this card is Synchro Summoned, you can Special Summon 1 "Karakuri" monster from your Deck. Once per turn, when the battle position of a face-up "Karakuri" monster you control is changed, draw 1 card.

This synchro monster is interesting in its own way. Being able to special summon a Karakuri monster from the deck when it is synchro summoned, along with drawing a card once per turn when the battle position of a Karakuri monster that the controller of this card controls is changed can be very advantageous to the controller. However, it can have its side effects as well. Having only 1700 defense can make it vulnearble to decent attack monsters such as the Six Samurai monster listed above. This card gets a 7.5/10 because of its low defense and somewhat situational effect that can be handy. Still, with 2800 ATK, it can come in handy.

That is all that I will talk about for this pack...look for it when it gets released because you can guarantee that it will sell of like hotcakes. Hope you enjoyed this article and learned and found out what you want to look for.

Loto Drandel

2Storm of Ragnarok pt. 2 Empty Re: Storm of Ragnarok pt. 2 Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:39 am

Crow95

Crow95
Level 1 Obelisk
Level 1 Obelisk

Kizan!!! Ma true LOVE! <3

Good article, its late and im goin to sleepz Gonna comment tommorow

3Storm of Ragnarok pt. 2 Empty Re: Storm of Ragnarok pt. 2 Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:23 am

Shadow

Shadow
Alumni
Alumni

kizan is like bws

4Storm of Ragnarok pt. 2 Empty Re: Storm of Ragnarok pt. 2 Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:32 am

Neji

Neji
Graphic Team Member
Graphic Team Member

yep
nice article man

5Storm of Ragnarok pt. 2 Empty Re: Storm of Ragnarok pt. 2 Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:10 am

Riiyuki

Riiyuki
Level 1 Ra
Level 1 Ra

Nice article man ^^ Gotta give my opinion about the new sams and that is there to broken I find it pretty sucky being a six sam player but meh the deck feels like frikkin auto play more then before no strategy just swarm... to much swarm, I just don't like the new sams, sams DID need some improvement but they should have come with less broken stuff in my opinion, it looks like it's a Mather of time before all tier1 decks are auto play decks and just revolve around swarm and OTK crap, just my opinion lol.

https://www.youtube.com/user/Riikuma?feature=mhum

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum