Dark Armed Dragon Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Underrated Cards/Decks of Yugioh, Part 1

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Loto Drandel

Loto Drandel
Adminstrator
Adminstrator

This is something I had been working on for a while...for as long as I have been here in this academy (or any other academy that i'm part of), there are several cards/decks that I noticed have been used frequently (Gladiator Beasts, Blackwings, Infernities, Stardust Dragon, Dark Armed Dragon, the list goes on). However, there are some various decks or cards that came out within the past year or less that I noticed have not been used very much...reasoning behind that is unknown...so for this topic I will talk about the various decks/cards that seem to be "underrated"

I will start off by talking about a deck base that has not been used much, if at all, during my dueling experiences

Fairies - There may be a lot of people who don't like using these guys in a deck...some people (two of my friends in real life (paladin000 and daedalus )) call them "Gay decks" just because of the name or just b/c they don't like them at all...however, what I have noticed from them is that when combined with several cards that can protect the user from damage, such as Sanctuary in the Sky (makes damage to the controller of the battling Fairy-type monster 0), Winged Kuriboh (not used much these days, but makes all battle damage to the controller to 0 when winged kuriboh is destroyed and sent from the field to graveyard), and Hanewata (stops effect damage for one turn), Fairy decks can be pretty versatile and competitive...some of the main cards in Fairy decks can vary, depending on the strategy that the user wishes to execute. I have used Fairy decks before and they are pretty decent with the right cards and when used correctly...the one I have on KCVDS runs some cards that some might think are "worthless"

Here is one card that could be considered worthless depending on the situation

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

This monster not seen very often in decks these days, considering that it was released in the Ancient Prophecy booster pack...now some of you might ask "why would you want to use it? it's not very strong" or "what is so useful about it". Well, here is one reason why it could be so good and lethal as well. The main reason involves its effect concerning Life Points...if the controller of this card has more life points than his/her opponent, this monster would gain more ATK. For example, let's say Player 1 has 6900 Life Points when he brings out Ancient Sacred Wyvern and Player 2 has 3200...6900-3200=3700...Player 1 has 3700 more life points than Player 2, so Ancient Sacred Wyvern (whose original attack is at 2100) would gain 3700 ATK, bringing it to 5800 ATK, which is enough to take out even a Five-Headed Dragon...now the next question could be asked "what happens if you use it and you have less life points" Well that is a good question, but most people, even myself, would know normally NOT to bring out the Wyvern if one's life points are lower than the opponent...HOWEVER, there is 1 factor that could be taken into account...Since Ancient Sacred Wyvern is a Light monster, it can be used in combination with Honest to boost Wyvern's ATK by the ATK of whatever it battles, which destroys the monster most likely, lowers the opponent's Life Points a bit and bring the ATK of Wyvern back to normal or even higher if the controller's Life Points become higher...the other useful part of this monster is his effect to come back. If it were to be destroyed by battle and sent to the graveyard, the controller could choose to pay 1000 Life Points to bring it back to the field Very Happy so if the controller had a lot more Life Points than his/her opponent, the player could just sacrifice 1000 Life Points to bring it back and still have an edge...so all in all, this card can be a very nice touch...

Next card for this deck is one that is one that is not used much either, but seems to be used a bit more than the above card

This card was first released in The Duelist Genesis, the first 5D's booster pack...some of you might ask "what makes it useful"...well, it's pretty easy to figure out usually...its effect is nasty to those who use a good amount of non-Fairy monsters...the effect of Venus would lower ATK and DEF of all non-Fairy monsters by 500 each respectively...being a light monster, it also is usable in combination with Honest which would kill most monsters and do damage (depending on what it fights) Another neat part of this card is its second effect...meaning you could use any spell or trap that you are able to use and NO cards can negate them, not even LaDD or Royal Oppression or whatever cards that can negate spells/traps that do certain stuff or just general things lol...along with being a 2800 beatstick, this card can be a valuable asset to those who try to use pure Fairy decks.

The last card I will talk about for Fairy-based decks can be good in Fairy decks and make ones that i have seen w/o it even better (depending on the build)

This card is like a toughened-up version of Airknight Parshath with an even better effect...it retains the "Piercing Effect" and Draw 1 card effect that Airknight has, so some might ask "so what makes him so great"...his 3rd effect usually isn't taken into account very much, but can be very nice as well...as long as Sanctuary in the Sky is on the field, if the controller's Life Points are higher thant his/her opponent's, Neo-Parshath would gain ATK equal to the difference (pretty much like Wyvern w/o the lose ATK effect)...also, he can be Special Summoned by sacrificing a face-up Airknight Parshath. The combination with Honest is very good as well (in my opinion, it's the best combination to use with Honest)...basically, Neo-Parshath can be a very handy card when used effectively Very Happy

Well, that is all for Part 1...I will be working on Part 2 and will have it up as soon as possible...hope you all learned something valuable Very Happy

The Rogue Reaver, Loto Drandel

FelixTheTwilight

FelixTheTwilight
Freshmen
Freshmen

Dude... actually Ancient Wyvern is so good card if you know how to use it. let me give you a little of an examble...

Fill up Draining Shields

Fill up The Nimble things when they destroy Gain 1000

Synchro Summon Ancient Wyvern.

Woo...........

As for Splendid Venus IDC much about it

As for Neo Sky Pladain you're soooooooo wrong. ._.

If you want to see every card in yugioh weird cards playing in the field. just Private Message me to duel with many different decks. I'm sooo weird. xDDDDDD

EDIT:

Another Examble of Anceint ...

Fill up Reverse Trap

Wall of Reveling Light Pay at least 5000 Life points.

Set Revere Traps

Synchro Sumon Ancinet Wyvern.

YAY super power when they attack him.

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheTwilightFelix

Loto Drandel

Loto Drandel
Adminstrator
Adminstrator

FelixTheTwilight wrote:Dude... actually Ancient Wyvern is so good card if you know how to use it. let me give you a little of an examble...

Fill up Draining Shields

Fill up The Nimble things when they destroy Gain 1000

Synchro Summon Ancient Wyvern.

Woo...........

As for Splendid Venus IDC much about it

As for Neo Sky Pladain you're soooooooo wrong. ._.

If you want to see every card in yugioh weird cards playing in the field. just Private Message me to duel with many different decks. I'm sooo weird. xDDDDDD

EDIT:

Another Examble of Anceint ...

Fill up Reverse Trap

Wall of Reveling Light Pay at least 5000 Life points.

Set Revere Traps

Synchro Sumon Ancinet Wyvern.

YAY super power when they attack him.

When i said Underrated, I meant that it has NOT been used very much from what I have seen, it does not mean that it's a bad card...

Herbert Edgar Wyndham

Herbert Edgar Wyndham
Freshmen
Freshmen

That sacred wyvern is not bad, but there is other monsters that is worth the space imo. And Fairies are good, with solemn warning around, but i didn't test it or made a deck for it, yet. So i am not sure.

Anyway, Not bad article, keep it up.

Rand

Rand
Freshmen
Freshmen

Neo-p is not worth the trouble of designing a deck that can work reliably to get him out. if he were an 8 star it would be diff but since hes 7 star only way to run it is with tethys to try to chain their effs together also with and shining and the one that can search out parshath and gellinduo. deff underused for a reason

venius is a good big fairy to run in counter fairy with trade-in. never seen her as underused or rated i use her in most pure fairys with trade in

ASW can only rly be run in fabled or morphtronics because of the Light Tuner requirement as there are not many Light tuners that can be used in sucessfull decks. morphtronice normally perfer the +1 from their powertool dragon. but fableds can otk with this guy as they can easially get 2+ synchros out at in a turn hit with the first and power up ASW for the kill.

good review over all but do include a typed up version of the cards effects because not everyone will already know it and its helpful so they don't have to leave and go look it up.

Loto Drandel

Loto Drandel
Adminstrator
Adminstrator

Rand wrote:
Neo-p is not worth the trouble of designing a deck that can work reliably to get him out. if he were an 8 star it would be diff but since hes 7 star only way to run it is with tethys to try to chain their effs together also with and shining and the one that can search out parshath and gellinduo. deff underused for a reason

venius is a good big fairy to run in counter fairy with trade-in. never seen her as underused or rated i use her in most pure fairys with trade in

ASW can only rly be run in fabled or morphtronics because of the Light Tuner requirement as there are not many Light tuners that can be used in sucessfull decks. morphtronice normally perfer the +1 from their powertool dragon. but fableds can otk with this guy as they can easially get 2+ synchros out at in a turn hit with the first and power up ASW for the kill.

good review over all but do include a typed up version of the cards effects because not everyone will already know it and its helpful so they don't have to leave and go look it up.

Actually Rand, ASW can work well in any type of Light-based decks...Chaos-End Master is a Light-Tuner and works well; as i said, expect more on the topic...thank you for the suggestions Smile i will keep them in mind Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum